Usergroups

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

thePROPHET!

Unreal Dreamer of the Year 1985
Jun 8, 2001
the.boteam.com
The new introduced feature "Usergroups" is really nice.

But one thing bugs me, where can i see who already a member of a certain usergroup is ?

e.g. i´m Leader of the Usergroup ]>BO<[, and i can't see who's a member... and how can i remove someone ? Or i'm blind? :P

Another thing, where's the option to change the usertitle (like it was in old vB) ?

And yeah, make the Clan Tags working again plz !

Oh, and enlighten us with this "Reputation" thingie, plz :P

Last edited:
thePROPHET! said:
But one thing bugs me, where can i see who already a member of a certain usergroup is ?

e.g. i´m Leader of the Usergroup ]>BO<[, and i can't see who's a member... and how can i remove someone ? Or i'm blind? :P
Havn't been able to find it ourselves yet (excpet via the admin cp), waiting on an answer from the vB guys.

Ah yeah, and how about to change the time thingie ? "1 minute ago, 2 days ago, etc" is a bit irritating, i liked the old time format better... don't you think ?

thePROPHET! said:
Ah yeah, and how about to change the time thingie ? "1 minute ago, 2 days ago, etc" is a bit irritating, i liked the old time format better... don't you think ?

Yeah usergroups are a bit buggy at the moment more on that soon!

The time is pretty cool imo, we have 3 choices.
Either like:
Normal: 15-06-03 14:02PM

'Yesterday / Today' will show 'Yesterday' and 'Today' for dates that fall in those periods.

'Detailed' will show times such as '1 Minute Ago', '1 Hour Ago', '1 Day Ago', and '1 Week Ago'.

We are using #3 at the moment.

Suppose it would be great as a user selectable option in profiles.

Also the speed will be a bit crappy at the moment. I started a rebuild off last night which should have finished this morning, but it stopped half way through.

Yeah rebuild of the search engine information - takes f00king ages. The reputation system may be switched off, I dunno yet - but it works like Karma on other forums. If you agree/disagree with someones post, click the yellow icon for reputations and click what you feel. It doesn't do anything directly to them, and you can't spam people with negative or positive feedback.

Clan tags, we can either use the old system or the new system which will mean peope in the BO clan will have their nickname appearance changed. So if you look at users online I would appear as {SUYM}_Martz because being part of the {SUYM} usergroup changes my nickname appearance.

Peoples old information is all still there, I'd like to get the new system working instead of using the old crappy one :]

Martz said:
Yeah rebuild of the search engine information - takes f00king ages. The reputation system may be switched off, I dunno yet - but it works like Karma on other forums. If you agree/disagree with someones post, click the yellow icon for reputations and click what you feel. It doesn't do anything directly to them, and you can't spam people with negative or positive feedback.

Clan tags, we can either use the old system or the new system which will mean peope in the BO clan will have their nickname appearance changed. So if you look at users online I would appear as {SUYM}_Martz because being part of the {SUYM} usergroup changes my nickname appearance.

Peoples old information is all still there, I'd like to get the new system working instead of using the old crappy one :]

pld Martz, looks nice this "advanced" stuff :beer:

hmm a quote?

is it possible now to list/delete ppl from a usergroup or do they have access to the private forums forever ?