USB stick problem!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Hi

I've got a USB3 Patriot memory stick, 32gig (ntfs).
Since a week or two it goes idle/offline whenever I start cutting files from it (Cut, not copy).
After that, some files get errors and so on, it's a real pain in the ass, some files are half cut so the info is lost, trying to overwrite that file makes explorer crash...

I use the stick to move RAW picters from on pc to another with work stuff and so on.
I tried formatting but the problem keeps reoccuring.

any ideas?

Oh yeah, the stick is used in a usb 2 port, not 3, this pc doesn't have it.

Last edited:
yeah that kind of memory is prone to failure sooner or later in your case it seems quite evident.

i have a "funny" story about usb sticks though recently i left 1 of mine in a pocket of my pants and washed them in the washing machine... lo and behold the key still worked perfectly at home... i brought it at work the next day and the computer there wouldnt let me access it, like when i put it in the slot the tiny "new device detected" window would come on but nothing would appear in the "my computer" window.... im guessing that "washing" my key made it undetectable by usb2 but still works with usb3 :S still its kinda weird