USA and torture

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL said:
Wouldn't the "spinnage" take each other out in the longer run? You know the sitting government isn't the only one trying to get into a new one, and if they did bad, i'm pretty sure the opposition would be quick to capatalise with some numbers of their own. Even if the dum voters can't seem to pinch through the "lies" (i.e. brushed up numbers) wouldn't they be bombarded with "lies" from the opposition as well and therefore straightened out and then in the end lean towards the party they really wanna lean to? Off course making yourself look good is important, but it's not all lies and numbers that make or break a party (imo it's more about charisma and looks then anything else really)

I don't think so, no. The objective of the governement is to maintain power through acting in the way that procures the most public support/votes and the most finance (with as you say good looks and charisma). Because hindsight is 20/20 they need spin departments to gloss over and hide errors of judgment and ignoring their own policies. The objective of the opposition is to break the government's control by showing them to be doing the above. Their job is easier: They often act after the fact which means they can juggle things a bit to show that they knew what would happen all along, while tearing into the government with 20:20 hindsight observations. They don't need to lie and in fact, usually sit onthe fence as regards actual policy so they don't get caught out over the public's rection. When the voters have decided that the government were wrong and they wanted something completely different that's when the opposition miraculously come up with the policy that says precisely that.

Kind of :)

I happen to think the US are worst by far,but i could make threads on loadsa other countries.Lets deal with the most dangerous for every 1 first. then we can talk human rights in china l8r.If u wanna compare china to the US i think ull find it hard, same with nigeria, north korea or any other countrey.which leads me back to the dots in my prev post.

Ive made tons of posts in other threads about iraq and many other countreys btw