UnWheel Tournament 2003

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

looks kewl, does this mean we can get out of the cars at the starting line up and shock combo ppl we dont like?

fbs will be dead b4 he even starts his engine muwhahahaha

looks pretty sweet but it's prbbly gonna drive like shit lol.

Won't knock it till i tried it tho ;p

UnWheel News said:
05 June 2004
Here it is!

Yup, once again we bring you a new UnWheel release, bigger and better than those before it :). We are pleased to present you with UnWheel Beta 3.0, which you can download right here.

The release is available in two versions, a Windows executable installer, as well as a plain Zip file with correct directory information for other OSes and servers. Check out the ReadMe file here in case you need installation help (or just want to find out a bit more about the game and how it's played).

Once again I'd like to extend my thanks to all the mappers and modelers on the team (and a few extra helpers) who have all worked very hard and fast to get this release out on time.

So until the next one, enjoy ;)

:D

Beta 3.0 is up for D/L

i haven't even checked the site/screenshots yet.. but the name made me laugh already :lol:

If all goes well, I'll have an unwheel pubby online for ppl to test this weekend. Mind tho, patch 3204 is not supported. The server runs a 3229 beta patch, and please do patch your client as well with on of the beta patches.
Url to windows beta patches : http://utworld.gamesweb.com/downloads_ut2004/patches.php (3229 hasn't been posted there, just go for 3233, all servers and clients should be compatible, just backup your 2k4 install just so you can undo the patching if the beta seem unstable or whatever).

Kippenijzer said:
If all goes well
And it didn't. Server is running 3229 (latest released linux beta patch), upgraded my own UT2004 install to both 3227 and 3233, and yeah, it works, just one little problem, you can't move once in game. More people have these problems, and it sucks :'(
Rocketeer is is for now :)

I'll get back on this as soon as there a working version, or a work around for the problem. Anywayz it looks real nice :)

And its out!
http://unwheel.beyondunreal.com/

UnWheel Website said:
25 August 2004
To start off this news post, we are extremely pleased to announce that UnWheel will be one of the mods to be featured in Epic's "Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition", which is scheduled for release within the next few months.

Secondly, in case you have missed the news from elsewhere, UnWheel once again won several awards in the third phase of the Make Something Unreal Contest, including 3rd place for Best Non-FPS Mod, 2nd for Best Vehicle, and 1st for Best Use of Karma Physics. Congratulations and thanks are due to everyone on the team who contributed to our contest entry, Beta 3.

Now, onto current events. Thanks to the efforts of a new addition to the team, UltraNew-B, we have successfully converted UnWheel's vehicles to the new "SVehicle" system UT2004 uses (the same as the Onslaught vehicles). This has provided a huge boost to performance, and has given multiplayer new life (multiplayer barely worked at all with the old vehicle system). There have also been several new additions in the vehicle department, bringing our total vehicle count up to a huge 23.

We would also like to announce the release of our newest version of UnWheel - "UnWheel EC" (the same as the UT2004: Editor's Choice Edition version), the relase is scheduled for this week Friday, the 27th of August. This is by far, the best version of UnWheel we've ever released, featuring loads of new maps, vehicles and skins, features (like the new 'stunt-cam'), 100% multiplayer support, greatly expanded bot support for more gametypes, and much more.

For the release, we will also be hosting at least 2 Official UnWheel servers, but if you'd like to have your own server ready for the release, please let us know and we'll organise a copy for you to prep your server with.

Feel free to drop by the forums or our IRC channel at #unwheel on irc.enterthegame.com in the mean time.

Played it a while ago and it looked like a sega port or something really dodgy gfx and handling of the cars is terrible.. maybe they made it alot better since then tho

Paa` said:
Played it a while ago and it looked like a sega port or something really dodgy gfx and handling of the cars is terrible.. maybe they made it alot better since then tho

just played it 4 about 2 hours, the graphics look the same, and the handling is indeed v shit. still good fun, but i cant see that lasting weeks/months etc like other mods.

ahh nice can u change it over to racing (classic 3 lap), instead of points?

edit: or put a mapvote

Last edited: