Unreal Engine 3 / Picture :o

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

M®.F®0$T

hai useless ;]
Mar 22, 2003
here a first view of U3
dunno if anyone post this pictures before !! if yes sorry.
what do you thing about it ? I thing it looks very very fantastic.
but is it playable with a ati 9800 pro 128 ?? (i hope yes :( )

look here

http://www.golem.de/0503/37013.html

Last edited:
idd ...looks really nice but i'm wondering what kind of PC will i need to play that kind of game :/

Those are pictures of the Unreal Engine 3, not of the game Unreal 3. (Edited Threadtitle accordingly)
They're just showcasing the abilities of the graphic engine they're currently developing.

> Recht haste! Das ist nur wieder ein Tool für die
> Camo(uflage)-Lam0rs und Tree-Sniper! Shice
> camp0r!

:rofl:

> Tom B schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bäume suxs!!! Ich will realistische
> Blutspritzer
> und Spladder-Wunden!
>
> Lern sprechen! Es heißt "sux" (ist nämlich schon
> Plural) und "splatter"

:rofl: :rofl:

Reactions: sobo
M®.F®0$T said:
but is it playable with a ati 9800 pro 128 ?? (i hope yes :( )
never

But that ain't a problem. First games with that engine will be released in 1 or 2 years. (Maby DNF :rofl: )

it looks great but i wonder if anyone will play with high settings ?
if your playing something like assault (in what ever guise) you will not want your enemy to be able to conceal themselves in foliage .. so id imagine any leagueesque players would turn it off...

again you can make a game look the absolute nuts but if its not got good game play it will gather dust on a shelf
Atari really is flogging a dead horse now imo atari will have to pull somthing really big out of the bag to make me waste anymore money on a UT*** title ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hogo
too real for "unreal" ... People will crouch from tree to tree etc which is more real than unreal tournament.. eith make the players very outsticking and bright or reduce the impact of these plants.

Rich said:
again you can make a game look the absolute nuts but if its not got good game play it will gather dust on a shelf
Atari really is flogging a dead horse now imo atari will have to pull somthing really big out of the bag to make me waste anymore money on a UT*** title ...

:nod: - im pretty sure most of the community would feel this way now.

Rich said:
it looks great but i wonder if anyone will play with high settings ?
if your playing something like assault (in what ever guise) you will not want your enemy to be able to conceal themselves in foliage .. so id imagine any leagueesque players would turn it off...

first off, atari has nothing to do with any upcomming unreal titles, epic is contracted by midway now
and i guess you wont have that kind of foliage in dm or ctf maps for the reasons you wrote, but there will be plenty in tactocal ops/CS kind of mods.

as for the hardware requirements i think theyre running the current demos on geforce 6800ultras right? so itll probably be very playable on midranged systems when the first UE3 game comes out.