Universal Declaration of Human Rights

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mughi

My minions are loyal and they can destroy you all!
Nov 4, 2001
Tatooine
Since it has been mentioned a few times in the threads, here is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights :

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

On December 10, 1948 the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights the full text of which appears in the following pages. Following this historic act the Assembly called upon all Member countries to publicize the text of the Declaration and "to cause it to be disseminated, displayed, read and expounded principally in schools and other educational institutions, without distinction based on the political status of countries or territories."

And a list of all member countries and the dates on which they joined :
http://www.un.org/Overview/unmember.html

They also have a lot of interesting papers etc about the site

Cant find the list of signatories for Human Rights yet though .... will post it when I do :)

tbh, I have put this here for more reference, less for debate, but bring it on I suppose :)

This is most definately the most interesting forum around :thumb:

Last edited:
Done :)

Everyone please refrain from turning this into a general discussion thread. Keep any posts to this thread to factual posts, like links to other resources of general interest on human rights etc.

NO spam please.

Last edited:
This is not meant as spam, but may seem as such.

Is it me or do several of the rights I seem to have according to the human rights declaration in contradiction to many aspects of day to day life, includng several laws.

I offer one such example:

Article 13.
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

So in theory I could walk onto a RAF/Army/Navy Base or into the Mi5/Mi6 HQ and nobody could stop, or they would be breaching my human rights?

you can only move to a free space, for example you cant build up your tent in the garden of your neighbour and show him the human rights when he orders you to get out

this article 13 means only that you are free to choose your residence under the given circumstances which are manifested by the social society and the law of your country

Yeah, when it says the state, it means public property. Obviously you cant tell ur neighbour that you wnt to live in their house and they have to move :)

Its funny (not) that the U.N. declaration for the rights of the child(which i posted) hasn't been made sticky here.

they're papers, nothing more. followed when useful, written by someone... nothing more than a new bible really. and yes, you'll burn in hell if you step on anothers property. whoever made property up... the only reason the world sucks as much as it does today.