Tydium

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I just ran through this map offline and I think it would be a good Golgotha-style map for the league. If Dungeons and AutoRIP can make it then so can Tydium.

Some of the things I don't like:

Attackers have a fuck of a long way to run to hit the first objective.

Weapon and ammo choice and placement are dreadful throughout the map. Wtf is this all about, seriously?

Health and powerup placement have the same problem.

A lot of the outdoor area is superfluous, like the designers were trying to present infinite launch possibilities. Instead it feels far too big and boring. Attackers are going to take the quickest routes to the obj and the deffers are going to stop them - no-one wants to run for 30 seconds and still be nowhere near an objective.

Maybe the map's time limit could go up 1 or 2 minutes.

That crystal is the toughest bugger ever, yet not when you're holding a plasma rifle. Why is this? It should be far easier to kill off, given how spammy the end could be.

Def tele spawn-room? Oh bugger... So this is why no-one cba learning the map.

Please, more people play it and try it out and maybe we can sort it and get it into the league :cool:

Omg that's right Tydium, totally forgot about it....what a little gem we got there. I'd say fix a few smaller issues and get it in the league, very playable map imo once people get to know it (like with any map) and together with Navarone and Snuggs' new project (;)) we'll have some nice material to bring some players back and keep the excisting players in..

true, its a real jewel if people would try and learn the map (some dont even know where the key is LOL, well yeah its hard to reach vs a good defense but on the other hand if there arent at least 2 defenders on castle its v easy to flood it with launches to get to the end

Omg that's right Tydium, totally forgot about it....what a little gem we got there. I'd say fix a few smaller issues and get it in the league, very playable map imo once people get to know it (like with any map) and together with Navarone and Snuggs' new project (;)) we'll have some nice material to bring some players back and keep the excisting players in..

There's something else in the pipeline too ;) ...

Agreed with micro. Launching is easy.

But its main popularity issue is people think its not linear enough (like che pointed out). Torp insists that you can go so many places. But if you get launched up there's just two places to go to. Either get antigravboots or just hjump up to castle roof, or get antigravboots and jump on top of cave.
Or try to sneak to get the key.

I thought it was pretty linear tbh. True, you can run around outside all you want but it's pretty purposeless. If you want the objectives you have to go to them. Surely this is true of any AS map.

I just ran through this map offline and I think it would be a good Golgotha-style map for the league. If Dungeons and AutoRIP can make it then so can Tydium.

Some of the things I don't like:

Attackers have a fuck of a long way to run to hit the first objective.

Weapon and ammo choice and placement are dreadful throughout the map. Wtf is this all about, seriously?

Health and powerup placement have the same problem.

A lot of the outdoor area is superfluous, like the designers were trying to present infinite launch possibilities. Instead it feels far too big and boring. Attackers are going to take the quickest routes to the obj and the deffers are going to stop them - no-one wants to run for 30 seconds and still be nowhere near an objective.

Maybe the map's time limit could go up 1 or 2 minutes.

That crystal is the toughest bugger ever, yet not when you're holding a plasma rifle. Why is this? It should be far easier to kill off, given how spammy the end could be.

Def tele spawn-room? Oh bugger... So this is why no-one cba learning the map.

Please, more people play it and try it out and maybe we can sort it and get it into the league :cool:

1) well it;s a long way but it's a easy way. Once they are up the stairs they can hammer all along the whole underpass line. I think def will not hold it for longer then 1,5 mins

2,3) well it's diffrent i say. Grz maps have all the same weaponplacement in all the maps. This is just diffrent. Not mini and sniper all over the place. health i dont really know.

4) i think this isn't true. Every obj is in 10 secs reacheble except for the first and last maybe. Outside is extremly fast peaced. You can launch on a lot of positions. what's wrong with that. siege and bridge are also build on launches.

5) try to take the ripper or take the flak inside the crystal area.

6) limit could be but not really an issue now.

7) just run from left to right. same as reading and we dont have any middle east players anyway ;)

edit:

Can we have an adminstatement here about tydium. Seems people like it or atleast like it sufficiently to play it as a leaguemap. I think some wishes are implanted in this last version which make it more playeble for everyone. The only server it's on is dog. I don't think pug and dfp have preview 4 on there maplist (not sure about pug tho) Dog could maybe replace it for dungeonsspot now where dungeons is now supposed to be in the left collum ;)

Seriously the map is loads better then at least 7 or 8 maps in the league, so why don't add it or atleast promote it to add it in every maplist.

It's clear enough that people will not play it if they arn't really forced to do so.

I am even willing to make some final adjustments but that's not doable with no playtesting at all.

cheers and i hope for some backup here :lol:

Last edited: