Top 100 games ever from game rankings

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ffx is shite!
after playing morrowind on xbox where u can play it how u want and pretty much do anything u want
going back to an rpg like ffx where its so linear and ur forced to go on 1 route through the entire game is just UGH terrible!
i only glanced over the list but didnt see morrowind in there such a crime:(
or shogun total war probably 1 of the best strategy games out there
and whats up with splinter cell getting in twice?
just because its on 2 different formats shouldnt get in twice

xbox version has alot of the bugs removed:)
hidden and dangerous was bugged to hell but still a great game

i have both morrowind (pc) and ffx
imo ffx is the better of the two
it has a far superior battle system, interesting characters and plot (MW has a shitty story and no character development), and better graphics (the char models in MW look like utter crap)

don't get me wrong, i love morrowind but ffx is just so much better

the only advantages MW has over FFX are longevity and open-endedness (yes, that's a word)

Last edited:
i agree with u about the battle system in morrowind its the only thing thats lets it down
but the battle system is much better in ff7 than 10
7 is the best ff so far
i said in another thread somewhere each ff since 7 has got steadily worse
about the story in morrowind the whole point is the story is up to u
u can do whatever u want
u can even complete the main quest without even starting it:naughty:its that complex
ff may have better story and characters but u have no control over it:(

but great thing about games its all about opinion:D

i cant stand any RPG that do that stupid stand and fight and press buttons, its far too tedious, and gets me bored too fast.

tho i do like RPGs like Zelda- which arent so stand still and throw magic :D

zelda had a nice combat system
but this is gonna cause controversy

its not an rpg:P

it's an action rpg

and ff7's combat is utter shit

ffx's combat is fast-paced and uses far more strategy (who to use against which monster, when to use certain attacks) although by the end of the game the strategy is pretty much gone due to the fact that u'll probably end up with a team of 3 or 4 that can own anything

but ff7's battle system (active time battle) is horribly tedious
those bars move way too slow (even with haste)

ffx is easily the best rpg i've played (great story, great graphics, good ending, fast battle system, etc)

ffx's combat is fast-paced and uses far more strategy

FFX's battle system is well shit. The game is very good, but i hate that god dam battle system so badly.

The best RGP battle system ive ever seen is in Grandia, which just has a great battle system (and one that no one else has ripped off :p: ). Its sort of a mix between a totaly open battle system (like morrowmind uses) and a time based one like FF uses. One class battle system.

The best FF on the PS1 was FFVII no questions asked, and many, many FF fans will tell you that.

IMO, FFIX isnt that good..has a shit story, thats for sure :p:

the best rpg battle system that i've tried was tales of destiny (ps1), tho i've never tried grandia

btw, about ff7, i think most ppl base their opinion that ff7 is the best purely on nostalgia
i felt the same way until i played ff7 and ff9 one after the other
then i realized that ff7 doesn't even come close (although the character development is much better in 7)

Originally posted by Inferno
the best rpg battle system that i've tried was tales of destiny (ps1), tho i've never tried grandia

btw, about ff7, i think most ppl base their opinion that ff7 is the best purely on nostalgia
i felt the same way until i played ff7 and ff9 one after the other
then i realized that ff7 doesn't even come close (although the character development is much better in 7)

Nah, i hate FF9 so badly. I camnt even remembe rthe story anymore because its that bad. The story in 10 is pretty nice, and the voice acting really makes FFX stand out alot. Ill never like FF( much tho, thats has a stupid story line :p:

And the current FF dates that i know of are....

FFXI - November 2003 (PS2 - USA) - December 2003 (PC)

FFX-2 - November 2003 (PS2 - USA)

FFXII - TBA 2004 (PS2 - USA)

I can see them chaning tho as i dont see two FF games coming out together. Then again, FFX-2 has always had a date around november, when FFXI has been delayed to shit (i think it was expected in feb 2003) :lol:.

Dunno about UK release dates mind (you can normaly add 6 months onto the dates for Europe FF dates). Then again, i dont really care, because i got myself an imported PS2 for a reason :lol: