Top 100 games ever from game rankings

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ff9 was, imo, the best FF for PS1 (ffx is better) but the summons were completely useless and the overdrive/limit break system was utter shit

but overall it was much better than 7 and 8

really piss me off when microsoft bought rare,piss off at ninty abit aswell. erm the new zelda on gc aint set 100years in the future:/

so does Nintendo.com, Zelda.com, Gamerevolution, all the other reviewers and the manual of course.. lemme give you the legend as in the intro and in the manual:

"Long ago there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then... just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This buy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy's tale was passed down through generation until it became legend (<-- note that part.)

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the hero did not appear...

What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind's breath (<--- note that part)

On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down. The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of the legend...

game begins...

yes, it's not literally said that it's exactly 100 years after OOT.. but you can get the point pretty well from reading the intro :p:

wow, thx for posting evidence that you're wrong :P

"Long ago"
"The memory of the kingdom vanished"

somehow, i don't think ppl would forget an entire kingdom in 100 yrs :p:

and when it says the legend was "passed down through generation" it doesn't mean one generation

and yes, ign got it wrong (ign sucks)

Last edited:
ok, you can read the full inteview on Zelda.com, go to the official zelda site then click on "behind the legend"
this part is copied DIRECTLY off page 2 of that interview:

Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall timeline of the Legend of Zelda?

Mr. Aonuma: In terms of the storyline, we've decided that this takes place 100 years after the events in The Ocarina of Time. We think that as you play through the game, you'll notice that in the beginning the storyline explains some of the events in The Ocarina of Time. You'll also find hints of things from The Ocarina of Time that exist in The Wind Waker.

There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place 100 years after the ending in which Link was an adult.

who's wrong now :p:
official interview with Miyamoto and Aonuma... god it feels good being correct.

How the hell did a skateboarding game in a low grav world get in 7 times :confused: hmmm, a cross between UT & tony hawks would be good :p: kinda like road rash !

well, i say they're wrong :rolleyes:
u don't forget an entire kingdom in 100 yrs
if they wanted it to take place 100 yrs after then they should have taken more time thinking about the story and the intro in particular

fs, i'm playing through the game again and it obviously takes place far more than 100 yrs after OOT
there are several parts in the game where characters speak in an "ancient language"
now, i hardly think 100 years is considered to be ancient
what miyamoto and everyone else has said is wrong, it doesn't make sense and they're contradicting the story

play it again and find me proof (in the game, not some interview) that it takes place 100 yrs after OOT

Last edited:
the old hyrule was washed away with all inhabitants etc.
how can people not forget a kingdom if they're all dead?
and you, my friend should be working at Nintendo :D

i would like to inform everyone that i am never wrong :D

i found proof that i'm right :P

when u first meet the king of hyrule (his human form) he says the events of OOT took place hundreds (note the 's') of years in the past

suck on that! miyamoto can kiss my ass! :fingers:

Originally posted by Menace
the old hyrule was washed away with all inhabitants etc.
how can people not forget a kingdom if they're all dead?
and you, my friend should be working at Nintendo :D

btw, not everyone was killed when hyrule was flooded
certain ppl were chosen to live above the waves, only the majority of ppl were killed :D