The Official What do you think of the Actual UT2004 game thread....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hector said:
Well it is supposed to be a replacement for 99 isn't it? And since 2k4 assault has less of a team play element to it than 99 (at the moment) then those wanting to play cooperative games have to look to ONS, that's all I meant. My point was that in a team play game if there's no teamplay it's going to suck! Like going to launch someone on Mazon and finding the rest of the team is trying to swim down the river into the cave. It doesn't mrean the game sucks it just means that people haven't got their head round it yet.

As for sniper how can it be as effective as 99's when the firing rate is so much slower? That's without mentioning the recoil and white out effects.
Well from what ive found in 2K4 is that there is plenty of teamplay req defending/attacking in the AS mod so i cant see where your actually coming from tbh and no it aint supposed to be a replacement for ut99 :lol: if anything 2K4 is a replacement for 2K3.UT99 is dated and i dont think the makers have any thought of "this'll replace ut99" when releasing new UT`s now imo.

And as for sniper yes its firing is slower but it still kills in 1 shot ,and as for the so called white out effects i take it your a camper, because if you fire and move then the white out effects dont bother you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felerian and sneaky
Tzu said:
Well from what ive found in 2K4 is that there is plenty of teamplay req defending/attacking in the AS mod so i cant see where your actually coming from tbh and no it aint supposed to be a replacement for ut99 :lol: if anything 2K4 is a replacement for 2K3.UT99 is dated and i dont think the makers have any thought of "this'll replace ut99" when releasing new UT`s now imo.

And as for sniper yes its firing is slower but it still kills in 1 shot ,and as for the so called white out effects i take it your a camper, because if you fire and move then the white out effects dont bother you.

could be my words, agree 100%

Reactions: Geo
Tzu said:

Still killing in one shot but with a slower rate of fire doesn't make it as effective as 99's. I'm sure that's a fairly inarguable conclusion, even if the rest is down to personal taste.

As for camping, yes, sometimes I've been known to stay in one place and shoot. I've never really understood the school of thought that everyone has to be running all over the place like mad somersaulting clowns regardless of what weapon you're using and I don't really understand why one would be penalised for doing that with the "smoke" or whatever it is.

Hector said:
Still killing in one shot but with a slower rate of fire doesn't make it as effective as 99's. I'm sure that's a fairly inarguable conclusion, even if the rest is down to personal taste.

As for camping, yes, sometimes I've been known to stay in one place and shoot. I've never really understood the school of thought that everyone has to be running all over the place like mad somersaulting clowns regardless of what weapon you're using and I don't really understand why one would be penalised for doing that with the "smoke" or whatever it is.

Well i suppose its down too whos using the sniper if its as effective or not then.

Tzu said:
Well i suppose its down too whos using the sniper if its as effective or not then.

Please feel free to explain how a weapon that will take someone's head off in both versions be as equallly effective when one of them reloads slower, in the same person's hands.

Hector said:
Please feel free to explain how a weapon that will take someone's head off in both versions be as equallly effective when one of them reloads slower, in the same person's hands.
Your problem is ure not happy because you aint as good with sniper in 2K4 and not willing to learn and prac with it in 2K4 like you once did for UT99,do you think you will automatically be able to use it like you do in UT99.And the answer to your question above is simple 2K4AS is not UT99AS the style of play in 2K4 imo means that the sniper even being slower is just as effective.

P.S Your best bet is too try to stop comparing 2k4AS too UT99AS and i think youll get along alot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkullSquasher
tzu stop stealing all my words :P, everytihing u say is troo, yeah the smiper is harder but its only coz u used to the ut99 sniper,i been play a lot of 2k4 lately and actually starting to snipe just as good as ut99 sniper, 2k4 rox. after playin loads o 2k4 you actually see how dated ut99 is :P, but as 2k4 isnt a replacement for ut99 i will still play ut99 as i am still addicted to it :P

SkullSquasher said:
tzu stop stealing all my words :P, everytihing u say is troo, yeah the smiper is harder but its only coz u used to the ut99 sniper,i been play a lot of 2k4 lately and actually starting to snipe just as good as ut99 sniper, 2k4 rox. after playin loads o 2k4 you actually see how dated ut99 is :P, but as 2k4 isnt a replacement for ut99 i will still play ut99 as i am still addicted to it :P
cu around on teh deck skully ;)

Reactions: SkullSquasher