The New Zelda

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Starlight-

Boom...
Sep 22, 2001
Brum.
Hi All!

Time to wake up, this forum section :D .

zelda_prelimgcnbox_160wboxart_160w.jpg

Yup, A new zelda game is coming out on the Gamecube. A Sequel to Ocarina of time i think.

Anyway, i think it looks great! Well worth owning a gamecube anyway!...

Pictures and a video (from IGN, so links may be shitty)..

Wha you think? I think if it looks, how it plays, it would be fuckin owning :D

Zelda Video

Pictures

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20041123071035416.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20041123071034713.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20040512100820624.jpg

:]

it isnt a sequel to Ocarina of Time, the producer of the Zelda series recently had a interview and he said it will be a sequel to wind waker, and he also said it will be out in Japan at the end of the year WHICH IS GAY, so europe will prolly get it about 3-4 months later!

btw that gamecube box thingy in the operning post is obviously a fake.

anyways ive never been a real big fan of the 3d zelda games (zelda and link on the NES were the best imo), but im really looking forward to this one. But wasnt this a prequel to the windwaker instead of a sequal?

This one looks alot better to me, but im afraid it isnt real either:
FakeGOTR2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't buy Wind Waker because i didnt like the 'cartoon' look. This new one looks way better :D

and offtopic: Any1 here played Resident Evil 4 yet?

1st box looks like a fake
and cant w8 like always till the new zelda game comes uit :D

sneez said:
I didn't buy Wind Waker because i didnt like the 'cartoon' look. This new one looks way better :D

and offtopic: Any1 here played Resident Evil 4 yet?
So, you're one of those people :mad:

You obviously never played WW or you'd know it's the best looking game on the GC (even RE4 doesn't look as good). When I first got it I spent 10 mins just doing quick turns and watching the dust clouds I kicked up. And then there's the first time you see a pillar of lava (in the first full-sized dungeon) and your jaw drops. WW has very few flaws and the graphical style certainly isn't one of them.

Regarding RE4, I just started playing it last night and it's quite good and quite a bit harder than previous installments in the series. The controls are vastly improved and the graphics, while not as good as WW :P, are fantastic.

cmon cmon the graphics in wind waker didnt really impress me, but the game was still awesome

Even though the style in WW blew me away, the actual graphical quality wasn't all that impressive really.
Distant objects were (extremely) fuzzy even though I know that the Gamecube should be able to project em in crisp quality on my TV.

And in the intro movie everything was crisp, too. Even though it was obviously in-game and on the same island.

I certainly wasn't pushed back by the "kiddy" look though, it was a very nice style and artistically brilliantly put together, but just not as viable as a more "mature" and "dark" look in the end.

Are you people insane? The animations are absolutely amazing, they even put Prince of Persia to shame. The way the lower jaw of a moblin moves as he looks around, the clouds of dust you kick up as you run around, the way the water gradually changes from calm to the roiling seas of a storm. Bah, you're all just too fixated on realism.

Inferno said:
Are you people insane? The animations are absolutely amazing, they even put Prince of Persia to shame. The way the lower jaw of a moblin moves as he looks around, the clouds of dust you kick up as you run around, the way the water gradually changes from calm to the roiling seas of a storm. Bah, you're all just too fixated on realism.
Like I said... the style was awesome... but the actual graphics weren't that special. Most blurry game (distant objects etc. everything close to Link looked awesome) on the Gamecube :|