The Longevity of Unreal Tournament

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

GOod one, Met :thumb:

I remember how excited I was by UT, the first MP game I ever played and I couldn't believe a thing so fun could exist. Clan matches used to be thrilling, even the standard maps were fascinating :P Used to stay up all night playing in pubs. UT has to be a contender for best PC game ever, it's funny to read these guys being quite humble about it.

Very nice read :thumb:
I was also one of those addicted players to the demo when it was first released ... it was insane!
Still remember that good old Boomtown server games ^^
So many great memories, friendships, lan parties came out of this game!

Very nice read :thumb:
I was also one of those addicted players to the demo when it was first released ... it was insane!
Still remember that good old Boomtown server games ^^
So many great memories, friendships, lan parties came out of this game!

Wasnt there for the demo, but so tru for the rest :)

GOod one, Met :thumb:

I remember how excited I was by UT, the first MP game I ever played and I couldn't believe a thing so fun could exist. Clan matches used to be thrilling, even the standard maps were fascinating :P Used to stay up all night playing in pubs. UT has to be a contender for best PC game ever, it's funny to read these guys being quite humble about it.

me too man, all of the above :)

Nice read, thanks!

I remember a classmate of mine bringing the UT demo to school on one of those old cd's you would get together with PC World or whatever and after he installed it one the class pc we spent every single minute of every single recess and small breaks in the game.

My best gaming memories are all from inside UT and its community and to remember it all I even got a tattoo back in 2009 with the big classic U to commemorate the 10 year anniversary and err, celebrate all the good times in the game. Publics were great, league was great, banter was great, flames were epic, admins were crazy and corrupt, Useless was as crap then as he is now and wish was raichu who was doctaluv etc (though that was "recent" considering the age of the game), Riv was like what, 7(?) and sandy was a dick back then aswell. Glad some things haven't changed..

My best gaming memories are all from inside UT and its community and to remember it all I even got a tattoo back in 2009 with the big classic U to commemorate the 10 year anniversary and err, celebrate all the good times in the game. Publics were great, league was great, banter was great, flames were epic, admins were crazy and corrupt, Useless was as crap then as he is now and wish was raichu who was doctaluv etc (though that was "recent" considering the age of the game), Riv was like what, 7(?) and sandy was a dick back then aswell. Glad some things haven't changed..

:rofl: seconded

I wondered what Flak was up to nowadays. She was my old clan leader in NBS (Natural Born Snipers) and now I think she works for the company. Dunno if anyone remembers the fragalonia sniper TDM server? We had some great times in those days...

I wondered what Flak was up to nowadays. She was my old clan leader in NBS (Natural Born Snipers) and now I think she works for the company. Dunno if anyone remembers the fragalonia sniper TDM server? We had some great times in those days...

used to love the fragalonia servers :)

:D CTF-LavaGiant and DM-Deck16 in school, a lot of it, very awesome times :) Redeemer was most fun :D

Nice, Maxiz!, show us the tattoo please? :D Or have you already, somewhere? ;X

Last edited:
vl2w5p3x.jpg

UT was some epic fun back in the popular days. what a great game!

shame pete and wish never had there bans permanently like the rules stated back then. wish with his trigger bot killed UTA in the end imo! x

or is it just co-incedence that the 2 best snipers in UTA history happen to be ex botters ? lol :) x

and m1cr0 a close 3rd best UTA sniper in the games history ( also ex botter ) ;( lol

Last edited:
UT was some epic fun back in the popular days. what a great game!

shame pete and wish never had there bans permanently like the rules stated back then. wish with his trigger bot killed UTA in the end imo! x

or is it just co-incedence that the 2 best snipers in UTA history happen to be ex botters ? lol :) x

and m1cr0 a close 3rd best UTA sniper in the games history ( also ex botter ) ;( lol

Unreal Tournament is also for me the game of my life. Even now I am not that active at the moment based to unsolved PC reasons I am still from the bottom of my heart as close as possible to the UTA community and the game.

The ups and downs of life are convertible and are therefore present and ongoing represented by all individuals.

For me the only and most important line of thought is how a community cares about given challenges. I am very proud to be a part of the UTA as I believe we do care about each other and we are also able to forgive each other and help each other to stand up for the reasons why the UTA was founded.

I can therefore only once more repeat that all possible investigations based to your examples pete, wish and micro were done. Even if you do not agree and have a valid other meaning the established conclusions are valid and are deserved and are fair also to the UTA and your named inividuals.

My feelings are unclouded and I hope that I will have my old PC setup ready again soon to play with you more UT99. :)

Let us celebrate UT99 and all that is waking up from this huge inspiration. :)

Basdo, I thank you very much once more with this post, that it was you who invited me to the UTA and made it possible for me to be a part of it. :!ola:

Last edited:
Unreal Tournament is also for me the game of my life. Even now I am not that active at the moment based to unsolved PC reasons I am still from the bottom of my heart as close as possible to the UTA community and the game.

The ups and downs of life are convertible and are therefore present and ongoing represented by all individuals.

For me the only and most important line of thought is how a community cares about given challenges. I am very proud to be a part of the UTA as I believe we do care about each other and we are also able to forgive each other and help each other to stand up for the reasons why the UTA was founded.

I can therefore only once more repeat that all possible investigations based to your examples pete, wish and micro were done. Even if you do not agree and have a valid other meaning the established conclusions are valid and are deserved and are fair also to the UTA and your named inividuals.

My feelings are unclouded and I hope that I will have my old PC setup ready again soon to play with you more UT99. :)

Let us celebrate UT99 and all that is waking up from this huge inspiration. :)

Basdo, I thank you very much once more with this post, that it was you who invited me to the UTA and made it possible for me to be a part of it. :!ola:

Yes thats fair enough Meteor that no aimbots were detected but theres no doubt in my min they beat the system somehow. Not that i care at all any more they know the truth.

it wouldn't be difficult to hide the fact they were using trigger bots as you could turn them on and off on a key and hide the fact it's being used. some of the shots wish has done while speccing him moving his mouse 100 mph across a guys head and still he clicked at a precise moment while the cursor moves across the head ? haha. i could explain my thoughts in a long post but i really don't care any more the game is pretty much dead.

I don't care what other people belive,they can belive what they like i just want them to know i know they suck haha.