The Ballistic Challenge II...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Now we're talking. No-one's getting this 2 minutes after I post it.

CHALLENGE:

Complete the map in 1:30 or under.

RULES:

- You must not touch ANYTHING in the outdoor area behind the Gate, regardless of whether you are on attack or defense (does not include roofs of the Gate, interior of the Gate structure, surrounding cliffs or sniper nest).
- You must not hit the Sniper Nest button.
- You must not get help from teammate / use console cheats / suicide (teamswap allowed).
- You must not exploit any map bugs (fan drop, sniper shot to Gen).

I get the feeling this is going to be one of those ones where I'm still amending the rules 4 hours later...

Last edited:
get main gate flak etc

either hammerjump up the side above the main gate and run along that little ledge and hammer over onto the cliff where fan is ...

OR hammer above main gate sniper nest side and hamerjump over to the top of sniper nest.

Flak the genny from on top of sniper nest or on the cliff up high using flak balls.

Drop through nest or vent and finish the map.

CBA trying it but I'm sure thats would work and not break ur rules.

CHALLENGE:

RULES:

- You must not touch ANYTHING in the outdoor area behind the Gate, regardless of whether you are on attack or defense (does not include roofs of the Gate, interior of the Gate structure, surrounding cliffs or sniper nest).
- You must not hit the Sniper Nest button.
- You must not get help from teammate / use console cheats / suicide (teamswap allowed).
- You must not exploit any map bugs (fan drop, sniper shot to Gen).

I get the feeling this is going to be one of those ones where I'm still amending the rules 4 hours later...

Backhammer from laserfield to maingate, grap hp and armor. hammerjump up, get the flak, backhammer to roof, flakshoot gen, hammer to top, go down where the ventilation is, finish map.

1.10 i did it in.

your lucky i have something to do today, your challenges should be done by the time you wakeup thursday

CHALLENGE:

RULES:

can you go into the inner area of the generator room? thats not outside, if so can do it under 1.30
ill tell how another time

Nope, off limits too. Techincally that's contained within the exterior boundaries behind the Gate, as the entrance sticks out into the area a bit. Whatever, no you can't.

few questions:

1) does the bunker / bunker steps count as outdoor area (aka no touchy)
2) does outdoor area behind the gate include even the top of the structures (rectangle near vials, the gun that shoots down the plane, the top of the "genny room" etc....) or is it just the ground area that cannot be touched like in the last challenge?

1) does the bunker / bunker steps count as outdoor area (aka no touchy)

Contained inside the exterior area beyond Gate, so it's off limits.

2) does outdoor area behind the gate include even the top of the structures (rectangle near vials, the gun that shoots down the plane, the top of the "genny room" etc....) or is it just the ground area that cannot be touched like in the last challenge?

EVERYTHING except the things explicitly mentioned in the rules. Bunker steps, inside bunker, top of Gen room, top of guns, etc, etc.

Nope, you'd never flak the Gen in that time.

Just did it in 1.25 and wasnt really rushing.

1. Get teleport, just run to main gate, backhammer over into flak room picking up flak. Come back outside pick up health packs and armour and hammer above main gate.
2. Hammer up above main gate onto that ledge where normal hill launch takes you. Run along the little ledge and hammer over to the cliff at back where the vent is.
3. 4 flak balls from the top destroys the genny
4. Drop down vent and dodge through low to warhead then run from warhead to the end.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make that quicker. It may not be the way you did it but it works and i don't have to change teams and drop weapons or anything gay like that so ner nee ner nee ner ner. I'm the bestest for ever and ever! :D

Last edited:
Just did it in 1.25 and wasnt really rushing.

1. Get teleport, just run to main gate, backhammer over into flak room picking up flak. Come back outside pick up health packs and armour and hammer above main gate.
2. Hammer up above main gate onto that ledge where normal hill launch takes you. Run along the little ledge and hammer over to the cliff at back where the vent is.
3. 4 flak balls from the top destroys the genny
4. Drop down vent and dodge through low to warhead then run from warhead to the end.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make that quicker. It may not be the way you did it but it works and i don't have to change teams and drop weapons or anything gay like that so ner nee ner nee ner ner. I'm the bestest for ever and ever! :D

impressive, i havent really tried it yet but i have trouble picturing how can flakballs can win it from "vent" height

o_0 pld joko, but just wait untill useless updates the rules 3-4 times b4 claiming victory ! :P

lol yes it confused mi5 when we did it as well har har. Man I spent ages on tricks like that, shame i forgot aim for most of them. Anyway, here is screenie ...

4 flak balls if u get aim right, 8 if u get aim wrong ... hf. I'm sure I'll see it being used against me in matches now lol gg.

[edit] you can also flakball the genny from further back so people can't see you from low, but that takes 8 flak balls and is a bit annoying to pull off.

Attachments

• Shot0005.jpg
    Shot0005.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 71
I'm impressed Joko, I've never seen that before.

:fingers:

See updated rules.

:fingers: a further twice for this comment:

wasnt really rushing.

And :fingers: another once just on general principle, since it's you :D

See this is why it's so hard to write complete rules...

just wait untill useless updates the rules 3-4 times b4 claiming victory

html's got the hang of things now, Joko. Learn from your betters :arsemiss:

Last edited:
Joko ways I got 1.20 First time I think I can take bout 5 to 10 secs of it still
EDIT: With teamswap. :p:
EDIT2: 1.16 now

Attachments

• Shot0211.JPG
    Shot0211.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: