TF2 Server

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

subZ

Soon™
Sep 25, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Yesterday I ordered a 20-slot TF2 server instead of my UT3 server.
It's located in London. Not so much because I like UK servers in particular, it's just that it's 10$ cheaper than if it were located in Amsterdam, or Frankfurt. ;)

I have now, finally, got it up and running to the point where I'm not pulling my hair out anymore. :P

I've installed MetaMod:Source + Basic Admin Tool on it, so I figured the people in ]uta[ could get some kind of limited admin abilities on it, such as kick/ban, change map, etc. (All via an in-game menu, so noone needs to learn all kinds of weird console commands).

I figured it should be loaded up with a lot of good custom maps, but I don't really have any knowledge of which maps people would like to play?
Any suggestions here? (Already have CP-Castle3, which is pretty much the only custom map I remember the name of, being good).

Also, if anyone has any idea how to shorten down the default spawn timer, without having to resort to installing BeetlesMod, Mani, or other crappy admin tools loaded up with other useless crap, do let me know.
(I read somewhere SourceMod had that feature, I just can't find that feature in it, anywhere).

217.163.22.46:27015

If anyone would like to run a little in-game ping test, I'd appreciate it. :]

nice one.
doh, brajan and me alrdy fucked around on it aka tested the admin plugin with it's useless functions (aka freeze player ;)).

It has a rly nice ping and runs charming :thumb:

nice one.
doh, brajan and me alrdy fucked around on it aka tested the admin plugin with it's useless functions (aka freeze player ;)).

It has a rly nice ping and runs charming :thumb:
I highly doubt we're speaking of the same server. :P

No it wasn't THIS server.
We were at ]uta[ TF2 Server - 213.232.94.72:27015

Yeah, i messed with setting up a server on toasty.utassault.net, already gave out admin to a bunch of people to the utterly lame Mani admin mod.

I actually tried to get that Basic Admin Tool working, but it just went haywire on me saying something about undefined symbol.. How did you get yours working subz?

Got SourceMod working now, really good admin tool, imo.
It also contains the "fun" stuff from Mani, and the likes.

But it doesn't have the "on-the-fly" auto mapvote, votekick, voteban, timeleft, nextmap etc. functions that BAT has. (Or adverts, if needed).

So if you could get both BAT and SourceMod working together you're pretty much set.

If you want, you could just try copying my files to the server, doh.
See if that works for ya.

Edit: SourceMod also has a great array of plugins that can be integrated in the menu, such as SuddenDeath melee (WITH class forcing / No spies), and a spawn time setting.

Last edited: