TeamView Probs!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WaYnOs

[Nil]
Mar 25, 2004
Liverpool, England
Anyone got any ideas as to why for some reason I can no longer change teammate view by pressing F5 as I always have done? Checked ini file. still says F5=ViewTeam and is still in aliases as it should be! I even tried to reinstall. but I get a error message saying that some temp .exe file is missing and cannot un-install!

My system is Windows XP pro, 1gb ddr ram, 250Gb hdd + 60Gb hdd, AMD Athlon 2200+XP processor 1.8GHz, Radeon 9200 128mb gfix card and a soundblaster live 5.1 s/card. I have a 8mb connection with 400kbs u/load. What should I set the min. fps to? (at moment is set to 28). I have latest drivers installed, can anyone recomend settings that would give better performance than I currently get! imo average at best! also what is best netspeed setting.. I usually have 10000.......

Thx in advance!!!!!

For the F5 thing have you tried looking in your INI wherever there is TWO occurances of that key. This has happened to me before where it i would have a bind set to L near the top of the INI and at the bottom of it I would have L= and it would be blank. Which was making my bind do nothing! If you have just delete the second occurance.

If that doesn't work try binding it to another key first too see if you can view your team then. If you then try opening the user.ini again and copying the bind over to the F5 key.

Otherwise don't know and you might have to live with it on another key. The only other thing you could try would be to DELETE the user.ini from your system folder, feel free to make a backup incase. Then load up UT which will create a FRESH new ini for you! See if this gives you F5 back, if it does, just work back from here by copying your binds across.

For the other stuff, DUNNO! maybe Paa` can help you, but half the stuff has already been posted before, have you tried searching the forum. You might wanna search netspeed and frames.

Reactions: WaYnOs
thanks nekro m8! Have already searched forums regarding netspeed..nothing recent and not really relative to connection speeds above 1 to 2 meg! On the ini file subject, I have checked to see if the key has a duplicate bind, perhaps to different keys and found it hasn't. I have not checked to see if it has two F5 entries with one blank! Will give it a go and try and see what happens! cheers m8!

Right...have checked for duplicate key entries or duplicate binds to same key...nothing...seems ok
saved existing ini file and removed it from system file forcing new ini....went online pressed F5 and guess what.....Jumped! wtf! I forgot to mention I use a microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard (not wireless). Problem only happened recently ie week or two! Also, can not uninstall using add/remove programms! Says missing temp .exe file! I give up..perhaps my pc is trying to tell me sommat! If it helps, I will attatch copy of user ini!

Attachments

• user.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hmm ive just made a slight adjustment to your INI, try this. If it doesn't work, then I haven't a clue!

Obviously when you unzip it just remove the 1 from the filename!

Attachments

• user.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Mmmmm...guys...I have a confession to make!!! Why did no-one ask if the function lock was enabled????

Fuck Me!!!!

Sorry guys, but hey.....at least I've learnt sommat!!!!

Even if it is that I am a Tosser!!! :hangover:

lol well atleast ya found out! May of been a pain in the ass if you decided to reformat over a single key which you wasn't aware of. :D