survivor suggestion thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pitbull

May 12, 2008
Romania
ok so after seeing the success of html's survivor night and seeing people's interest for a future survivor i decided to make a suggestion thread in order to improve this game mode

ok so i will go first and make my suggestions which i think will improve survivor

1-add kick vote menu and each team can vote somebody off but do not show who votes for who (hide the 32 has placed a kick vote against 47) and just show it after all people vote, so people do not get influenced by other peoples votes

2- reveal votes and immunity objective after the map is over, people can vote for everyone else however they might vote for the guy who won the immunity in which case votes cast against him do not count and the next person with highest votes will be the one
this will vary gameplay and also will make it more interesting if all vote and it will mix things up as they might vote worst players off to improve their team or if feeling threatened by higher skill players they will vote them off instead which will also force people to vary their play style do i wanna frag alot or do i go under the radar?

3- mix up immunity objectives, do not always put hardest objective as immunity so it would give everyone a fair chance and also put "easy" objectives that way people will push just as hard for main gate or laser on bali as they would for warhead or end

4- make next survivor on 2 servers with 24 player team pool, 4 teams of 6v6 and each winning 2v2 teams will battle it out for the winners (players will only reveal their names for the final 2v2) , this will give more people a chance to play while giving good players a fair chance of making it to the final (some peoples ego got hurt last night, not gonna say any names "SALVA") as it is easier to win immunity that way, also keep in mind that people with less frag power can still win immunity getting easier objectives

Last edited:
As i said in the other thread

1: Make it more fun to play on defense. More rewards on defense. Like getting godlike on bridge on defense was a good one. To bad that was ruined by a fast attack =). That was the only map with reward on defense. Rest of maps was like ok plz finish map. As it worked yesterday i saw no happyness in defending the maps really. If i defended good i thought i was getting kicked so. And like after Gladiator and Siege immunity we all just waited to map was over. Dunno why ppl kept defending the map after immunity was gone.

2: Perhaps if someone wins 3 immunitys or more should get permanent immunity really. It wont happen to me again.

copypasta from post #69 ;) from my main thread

also as I deemed this a GREAT SUCCESS borat style, im very interested in making another event, perhaps even better than this one, so your input as a spectator or better yet player would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I have/remember so far:

hoi and a few others: NOT on a last sunday of a month!!! and everyone is right, if I make another event it will be on the first weekend of a month !!

pitbull: perhaps I should hide the immunitys for maps and only reveal who got them once a map ends, this way, players on attack would be more motivated to finish maps. Case in hand, wasn't much of a challenge to win siege when tnega was the immunity, then even, if not all players knew beforehand tnega was the immunity i wouldnt have laughed so much

salva(ithink?): as Dj raped the first few maps and got 4 immunitys in a row, perhaps he should have gotten a permanent immunity or even a straight ticket to the final 2v2.

timmah: I think a point was made that people cba to finish a map after someone got immunity. Perhaps you can give a permanent immunity for someone to win 3 maps in a row.
If one team wins 3 maps in a row, permanent immunity on other team is revoked.
If one team wins 3 maps in a row, they get to vote off one on other team.
Also I like salva's idea that you get a permanent immunity after getting 3-4 immunities in a row.

m1cr0:- Primary and secondary objective: The primary objective just stays like it is, the player who attacked it will get immunity and can vote someone off. The player who attacked secondary objective will also get immunity but cant vote someone off in this map.
- perm. immunity for the first player of each team to get 5 immunities (primary+secondary counted together)
- final round 3vs3, when it is 4vs4 both guys with immunity get to vote for 1 guy to play with him PLUS a guy with perm. immunity (if theres no perm. immunity the top 2 guys by collected immunities will get it automatically. If there is a tie between some players the first maps immunity counts more because it is harder to get immunity there.)
- make teams more equal

meteor:The team that wins a map should maybe have an advantage in the player selection. That way the effort to win a map is more important.
Maybe the elimination progress should be done over two maps instead of one.
The final can also be a 3vs3
Incase possible the start team size could be set higher.
It can also be interesting to have absolute random start teams.

Dj: STILL i think one change is needed. I was just waiting on the defense all the time. Was NOTHING to do. no rewards at all except on bridge = godlike perm immuniy.
More of this would be good for defense. Otherwise its just a "LONG" wait till u attack ur own. More rewards for the defending team please. My plan there was to frag as less as possible as if i fragged alot ppl would kick me.
After the match i heard ppl was truing to frag as much as possible for the same reason. I was WTF WHY?!
Many frags = u should be voted off = i was noobing

Note: (im not saying i'll implement all the ideas above, this is just a brainstorm and I like quite a few of those ideas)

comments on pitbull's 4 points:

1- ''add kick vote menu and each team can vote somebody off but do not show who votes for who''
pros: gives power to ''everyone'' rather than just the players skilled/lucky enough to get immunitys.
cons: probably a lot to code (maybe not), would add a lot (i think) of time between each map and delay the event.
my opinion: not worth it

2-'' reveal immunity objective after the map is over'' (excluding the mapvote idea)
pros: interesting concept, makes attackers want to get every objective asap rather than slacking off, (after getting tnega for example)
cons: removes a part of the strategy that characterizes survivor assault (1 objective focus), and a fun part of it, was funny to see someone ignore the undefended charge 1 and 2 on bridge to only go for 4, or someone use the boots to bootjump to bridge and go directly to charge 4 instead of final, or 6 ppl going for the belt on siege :rofl:
my opinion: worth a shot IF theres a need to increase the level of play of the attacking teams

3- ``mix up immunity objectives, do not always put hardest objective as immunity``
my opinion: I already didn`t put only hard objectives??? so im not sure why u bring this up.

4- ``make next survivor on 2 servers with 24 player team pool, 4 teams of 6v6 and each winning 2v2 teams will battle it out for the winners``
my opinion: 2 servers yes BUT, i think your far too idealistic when you say 24 players would all showup on time just take a closer look at my event, 33 players signed up for 18 spots, and I had to use 31 of those 33 players, so imo 31 = 18. if you only plan for 24 spots or even 30, I doubt everyone will showup and be avail so starting a survivor 5v5 or 4v4 would be a bit pointless.

comments on other ppls inputs:

question for everyone: how many decent assault maps do you think can handle 8v8 or more?
I ask this because increasing the player limit would be possible, even a 12v12 but can we really find a map for 12v12 11v11 10v10 9v9 and 8v8 while keeping it fun and not ``waste`` 2.5+ hours on 5 maps?
although as pogo mentionned, im tempted of making a totally nonsensical map like 12v12 frigate :rofl:

I will add more comments on ppls inputs when im on break @ work

Last edited:
Dont change the rules too much.. I was speccing pretty much the whole event and it ran smoothly, and I even got jealous that I wasn't playing!! It ran smoothly and tbh theres nothing wrong with the rules... Dont start adding major things, if you need to change it then change minor details but leave everything the way it is.

well html i thought that after seeing the success of it people would be interested in playing another survivor in the future so i think that there will be at least 24 interested so u can make 4 teams of 6 which will be more challenging and less spammy.
other than that i still think my ideas would improve survivor, reveal immunity after map is played and also kick menu is not as hard as u think to code, its already made but shows who votes for who so hiding that would not be a problem imo
and i agree with dj too maybe add some reward on defense like top fragger gets immunity but then it would be bad cause they probably would never be voted off so not sure really