Survivor Assault #4 OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
Allright folks it's time for #4!

Now HERE'S ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW/DO to signup for this event:

Sunday february 6th, 20h00 GMT

If you signup for this event you must:
- Agree to join the server I tell you to join ( same machine as pug server provided by MyM:love:)
- Agree to wear the skin I tell you to wear
- Agree to wear the nick I tell you to wear (follow the 2 digit rule, I will not assign you a specific number)
- Agree to play the maps I tell you to play (there will be more than one non-league map)
- Agree to follow the directions I will provide along the way (I will be in spec mode with admin for the whole event)

THAT IS ALL

if you're still unsure about what survivor assault is, refer to xb's post that basically sums it up or read the detailed rules in the spoiler below

OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST:
1. MyM (has priority on everyone!!! didn't official confirm his presence thouhg)
2. nightwing`
3. sleepy
5. TIMMAH
6. wakko
7. sphere
8. X-Bomb
9. Pitbull
10. Dj_AssaultLeague
11. free^
12. m1cr0
13. Axl_Rose
14. Cyborg
15. RighteousFury
16. dirz
17. Ph*-B*ss
18. twnZ
19. Gogle$$
20. meXan1k
21. NoMeRcY
22. Skalman
23. smant (signed up using irc)
24. salva (signed up using irc)
25. Chianti!
26. Squirrel
27. seas_
28. Champ`
29. Meteor

judging by past events turnup % i assume around 35 signups should be enough to get 20 players on time.

Few global points concerning the event: (note that some of these general points might still change before the event)

-The first 20 people on the OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST will have priority, as long as they showup on time MAX. 20h10
For the order on the list it will simply be first come first served.
Although even if you're rated #30 on the list, remember that I had to use up to player #31 on my list of 33 to get 18 players for the first survivor event ; and this time 20 are playing.
You do not HAVE to signup for this event, although if more than 20 people want in on the day of the event, the people who signed up will have priority.

-Spectator slots / possible broadcast still TBD

-Ace will be used for this event.

-#utapug 's pugbot will be disabled that night between 7 pm GMT and 10 pm GMT to ensure a lag free environment in the early and mid stages of the event (with 20, 18, 16 etc players on the server + specs)

In the spoiler below you will find, all the rules clearly indicated, I hope. But don't worry I will repeat them as we go along the way, it's not that complicated, and you do not HAVE TO read them in order to partake in this event.

Rules and setup of the event:

- The server will be set up in match mode with slight tweaks:
-2 minute countdown before a map start instead of 1 (I will ask everyone to click once im done explaining the immunity/dealing with issues if there are any)
in the off chance that a bug happends with the match mode and the time is fucked, I will take direct action and ask a team to let the other run through, so I can switch the map again with a proper time, just do as I say in game and all should run smoothly even if we get stupid bugs.
-no map limit, the score of the red and blue team will never matter, even in the final 2v2 i will manually keep track of the score (not like it's hard to count to 5 eh)

-Everyone will be forced to have a 2 digit nickname of a number between 01 and 99 inclusively. NO "fifty-two" or "000100110" smartass bullshit. If someone already has your number when you join the server UT will set you up with the nick Player_x, just reconnect asap with a different number.
this will provide anonimity as a god amongst men named Timo coded a mutator JUST FOR US :love: that will mask the ping, netspeed and authuser (see below)
noping.png

that image was taken on the pug server so it works! (just imagine my nickname is set to 33 or something, and fyi i don't have a ping of 0 or a netspeed of 20000)
note that you will still be able to see your own ping by using the f6 key

-Everyone will be forced to wear the Male Soldier>RawSteel skin, in honor of our patron MyM. (the face and voice is up to you but bonus points for wearing the Arkon face)
skinfk.jpg

what do bonus points do? They make me and MyM smile.
disclaimer: if you meet MyM irl he may or may not actually look like RawSteel Arkon

-There will be NO teamspeak or captains for the teams. (you may join utapug ts with me after you're eliminated though)
Yes it will make the defences very disorganised but that is sort of the point, get maps rolling and get objectives fast. Remember that winning or losing a map has no effect whatsoever, untill the 3v3 map ; except of course determining who gets to attack first... but that's it.

-Under no circumstance are you allowed to change your nick after the warmup map, keep the same number untill you're eliminated or you're part of the final 2v2 teams. (read: STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHANGE BINDS)

DO NOT give your team password to ANYONE ELSE
DO NOT tell ANYONE ELSE who you really are
, unless you're eliminated or the 2v2 teams are already picked. (the point of this is anonimity)
You may lie about who you are, in all chat or teamsay, what I do NOT want to see is friends telling each other their numbers so they don't vote each other off....if I suspect that happened there will be dire consequences.)

Plan of the event:

19h55: Everyone be in #utapug on irc.utassault.net, there I will give the name of the temporary irc channel that you must join.

20h00: That channel will be moderated (you won't be able to speak in it), there I will repeat a few ground rules for the event. Once everyone is in the channel, I will crosscheck everyone present with the OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST and voice the first 20 names.
then I will choose the red and blue team for the game but keep that information for myself.
I will take a whole 15 minutes to make properly balanced teams, start the server, and answer some questions

20h15: I will pm each of you individually with the server ip and password for your team.

20h~20: There will be a special warmup map where I will make sure everyone follows the rules of nick/skin.
20h~45: The first real map will begin.
???????: maps will go on with 2 players getting eliminated every map, once you're eliminated you'll have to go on irc to get the UTV info if you want to spec the rest of the event.
???????: after the 3v3 map the final 2v2 teams will be known and a best of 3 or best of 5 will be played, I will decide at that time how many maps I want to see played by the 2v2 teams.
???????: the win of the 2v2 team will conclude the event! All in all it should take about 2 - 3.5 hours.

The actual survivor gameplay specifics:

-Each real map will feature an objective designated as the Immunity.
-There MUST be a player with Immunity on both teams at the end of a map.
-These players with immunity (1 on each team) must decide at the end of every map to vote anyone(with one exception) off their own team, even themselves if they choose to.
-Secondary immunity's are only used in case the primary immunity is defended by one or both teams, the primary immunity will void any secondary immunity. And the highest secondary immunity taken will also always void lower ones. (in game I will remind you of the immunity's before every map except one; this way: Charge 4>Final Assault>Secondary assault>Main gate)
- A Permanent Immunity will be given for anyone on defence being topfrags +1 (alone at topfrags, no ties) for 3 consecutive maps. Only the 5v5 map and those above will count for this rule.
-The Permanent Immunitys are really hard to obtain and will ONLY provide protection from being voted off by other players on your team with the immunity. In other words, it's a straight ticket to the 3v3, UNLESS you get an immunity on a map and decide to vote yourself off.
-getting a main immunity on many maps or getting more than one permanent immunity will have no special effect at all, the rules stated above still apply
-There will be a limit of 2 players with Permanent Immunity per team. Should more than 2 players in the same team get a Permanent Immunity only the first 2 will count.

The maplist:

The warmup map will be a full 2 round of a special map, no matter how many people are in the server, no immunity for this map and no one voted off.

The 10v10 map (if applicable) will be: Gladiator][ download
Immunity: Winning the map
Secondary Immunity's: Radio > Switch One > Ancient Warrior > Bridge

The 9v9 map (if applicable) will be: GolgothaAL
Secondary Immunity's: Dungeon Switch > Hurons Path > Undead > Breaching Temple
A Permanent Immunity will be given for any attacker who gets 6 objectives or more (8 total)

The 8v8 map will be: Bridge
Immunity: Charge 4
Secondary Immunity's: Final Assault > Secondary assault > Main gate

The 7v7 map will be: Siege][
Immunity: HIDDEN (even when the map will be played; soooo u better try and grab EVERY objective )
Secondary Immunity's: HIDDEN (even when the map will be played; soooo u better try and grab EVERY objective )
This will be the only map where the immunity's will be hidden, at the end of the map I will tell which 2 players got the immunitys.

The 6v6 map will be: Vampire download
Secondary Immunity's: The Switch > Barricade

The 5v5 map will be: TheDungeon]|[AL
Secondary Immunity's: Falls > Lake

The 4v4 map will be: Riverbed]|[AL
Immunity: Charge
Secondary Immunity's: Tunnels > Compressor > Outpost

The 3v3 map will be: Frigate
Secondary Immunity's: Hydraulic Compressor > Entering the Ship

The tricky part
a.k.a where it get's interesting

The player with immunity from the winning team of the 3v3 map will get to choose his 2v2 partner from the 4 remaining players (his 2 teammates and the 2 players on the opposite team that do not have immunity)
After that the player with immunity from the losing team will choose his 2v2 partner from the remaining 3 players.
The last 2 are considered voted off.
Only AFTER the 2v2 teams are chosen will the players finally reveal themselves, the nick and skin restrictions will be lifted, the players of the 2v2 teams may join teampspeak if they want to etc.

The player with immunity from the losing team, and his 2v2 teammate will get to choose the first map of the best of 3 or best of 5.
I will instruct the players for map choices afterwards.

To make sure you understand ''The tricky part' there is an example in the spoiler tag below
Here is an example to make sure everyone understands:
say the teams of 3v3 map are as follows and the map is bridge
01 = BlackNinja
02 = uZi
03 = QiutiQ
04 = twnZ
05 = syphus
06 = Dj
say blue attacks first, wins the map in 4 minutes, and player 04 gets the charge 4 (the immunity)
then red attacks but blue succesfully defend everything except main gate door pressure and second assault, and say player 03 got second assault, he will have the immunity.

Now since the blue team won the map, player 04 will get to choose his 2v2 teammate out of player 05, 06, 01 and 02. Let's say twnZ thinks player 06 is Sudeki` so he picks him. Then player 03 gets to choose his 2v2 partner from player 01, 02 and 05. Now let's say QQ thinks player 05 is actually twnZ so he picks him.
Unfortunately bn and uZi are left out so they are considered "voted off"
then players 03 and 05 will face players 04 and 06, only when this has been finally decided will these 4 players finally be able to reveal themselves to us all by switching to their real nicks, at this point you cannot lie. That moment should be intense and maybe funny also since the players might not have selected the partner they thought they wanted. :rofl:
in this scenario after the players reveal themselves, QQ and syphus would have to choose the first map of the best of 3 or best of 5 vs team twnZ-Dj, they can choose ANY assault map, except that I have to agree to it and it has to be on the server.

Teh moonie$:
TBA
no mains moonies by me fight for honor and funsies!
possibility of useless giving moonies and me paying whoever votes riv off :P

Last edited:
I can do the live video stream etc, as proposed by Cyborg, but I'll need help figuring out how the hell to do it. And I want Banshee as co-commentator :D