Survivor #4 interest poll

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Are you interest in playing?

• Total voters

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
Here's what i'm thinking basically (may change this is just to gauge interest)

February 6th 8 GMT (a sunday)

10v10 max 8v8 min

no prize

no big commotion with shoutcasts and UTV and I won't ''advertise it as much. (although useless is welcome to make comments and spec if he can be arsed)

so basically a redux version of survivor, less epic but hopefully more manageable and enjoyable due to the fairer team skills :x

Interested?

Here's what i'm thinking basically (may change this is just to gauge interest)

February 6th 8 GMT (a sunday)

10v10 max 8v8 min

no prize

no big commotion with shoutcasts and UTV and I won't ''advertise it as much. (although useless is welcome to make comments and spec if he can be arsed)

so basically a redux version of survivor, less epic but hopefully more manageable and enjoyable due to the fairer team skills :x

Interested?

T'es pas un fan de football car le 6 c'est le superbowl !!!!

No-one watches Superbowl, it's not a real sport, it's not even a real thing. Be told.

Count me in for the old reporting :thumb:

EDIT: It occurs to me I still owe some money for the best fail moment from last time but I ended up not having time to go through all the millions of demos and pick one. It didn't help that people did fake fails to confuse me :nono: So, this time I'll offer 5 euros per winner and an extra 5 for the best real fail.

Last edited:
if u do make another survivor, how about adding a hidden immunity objective that is revealed after map finishes? and the one who gets it obviously cannot be voted off but has no say in voting some else off either.

example: -bridge charge 4 is immunity, who gets it votes somebody off
-hidden immunity is say door pressure, the one who gets it cannot be voted off by the guy who gets charge 4
-if nobody gets the hidden one, anybody can be voted off

this will add more intrigue and will be fun imo

another idea: remove permanent immunity and instead add it for only 1 map, i.e. going godlike on bridge secures u a spot for the next map but that map only

I understand your ideas pitbull and they may very well work

the only problem here is they both represent more work for me and my main focus is here is to keep the event short and sweet.

"Player a and b vote someone off your team." then vote c and d

with your idea(s) it could look a lot more like

"Player a and b vote someonee off your team except c d e f" (2 hidden immun + the perm of the map before, worst case scenario but still would confuse ppl/me imo)
more typing, more chances for typos and confusion imo I don't wanna get to the point where i have to pause before every map to finish dealing with who DOES get voted out at the end of a map.

And to embrace the "spirit of your idea" I will keep the immunity on siege hidden because it does spice up the game a little bit.

Thank you Pitbull for your suggestion and your interest in playing in this event.

Any other ideas/suggestions are welcome.

P.S. :love: mushy

just a heads up mym once again agreed to lend me a server for the event :thumb:

voting in this thread does NOT count as signing up, as for last events I will make a seperate thread with the rules and signup list.

This aforementionned thread will be made if there are a minimum of 16 credible "yes" votes.

Definitely yes.

Also Useless would you be interested in trying to do some sort of livestream? / utv styled, sorta like this 1: http://www.own3d.tv/video/45552/SQUAD_vs_SonD_-_CB_OC_UT_iCTF_ZP_1_2_Final_-_With_Decl (action starts at 42mins) would be something very entertaining for the people that aren't involved or get excluded as the tournament ensues, on that site it would also be stored away as a video archive so people could watch it in the future, ya know, for memories sake.

I would love to try this myself but I won't for 2 reasons, nº1 my commentary would suck the big balls and nº2, well, I wanna play :)

(this could be a replacer for the spec slots, 1 thing I didn't like about the last survivor I played was the repetitive annoyance that some of the spectators provide to the people playing, unless this was somewhat fixed in the last one, ain't aware of the changes).

Last edited:
Definitely yes.

Also Useless would you be interested in trying to do some sort of livestream? / utv styled, sorta like this 1: http://www.own3d.tv/video/45552/SQUAD_vs_SonD_-_CB_OC_UT_iCTF_ZP_1_2_Final_-_With_Decl (action starts at 42mins) would be something very entertaining for the people that aren't involved or get excluded as the tournament ensues, on that site it would also be stored away as a video archive so people could watch it in the future, ya know, for memories sake.

I would love to try this myself but I won't for 2 reasons, nº1 my commentary would suck the big balls and nº2, well, I wanna play :)

(this could be a replacer for the spec slots, 1 thing I didn't like about the last survivor I played was the repetitive annoyance that some of the spectators provide to the people playing, unless this was somewhat fixed in the last one, ain't aware of the changes).

lmao, i would love Useless to do a commentary, watched a bit of that vid.. the guy does it well considering how fast the play is.

I would just love it because 1) People won't understand anything hes saying. 2) Him trying to speak that fast would be funny to listen to :lol:

Suggestions for event,

-Hidden objectifs on all maps
-change the date for the 13 because i want to play, last survivor i won the last immunity :coolfip:

@ Cyborg - This looks like fun, the problem with the Survivor format is that I don't know who the players are, they're just numbers. So, I'd be shouting "and 24 shot 37 with the minigun and 11 fell off the thing and landed on 89's face..." and everyone would be thinking well wtf does that mean? It would be much more interesting if I knew who each player was of course, but two problems with that -

1: If I knew then everyone listening would also know after the first round of commentary, which might include the players themselves, affecting immunity choices (ruining the point of anonymity).

2: I would constantly be having to check numbers against player names during the commentary, ie. watching 25 do something and having to check the player list to see who that was, leading to constant breaks in the commentary and umm ahh moments.

And, as some tart pointed out, people have problems understanding my accent. I could do it in a posh English accent like Riv but then people wouldn't like me as much :( Seriously, I don't mind affecting an accent for it but I need suggestions on how to overcome the problems above.

Spectators did come in at the end of the last one and kept speaking even though they weren't meant to, but that was mainly because the match was all but over at 2v2 because of unbalanced teams. People were good on UTV but the problem there was I was doing UTV and checking irc for PMs and writing stuff down for the report all at once, so UTV quality was affected. If this one had UTV someone else would have to do it - I can't do both, sry.

@ Cyborg - This looks like fun, the problem with the Survivor format is that I don't know who the players are, they're just numbers. So, I'd be shouting "and 24 shot 37 with the minigun and 11 fell off the thing and landed on 89's face..." and everyone would be thinking well wtf does that mean? It would be much more interesting if I knew who each player was of course

I beg to differ, if others outside the community watched this and got confused by the 'just numbers' include a brief description of what's going on in the stream's description.
I see how doing a whole commentary regarding players as just numbers would be sort of awkward for lack of a better term but it would just make the commentary much more entertaining imo, as you analyze each player in detail the viewers would be more interested into finding out who the hell numbers 19 and 78 really are.
, just like your assent would and if some nitwit can't understand what you're saying through out the whole thing they can just turn down the volume and follow along themselves if they'd like

Imo what would make the commentary top notch would be a bagpipe playing in the background!

Finally, you could have someone like html to commentate with you, as one of you is busy doing w/e the other one can take over the commentary.

If none of this sounds appealing to you through you could just stream the 2v2 bit of it.

Edit; ^Sorry if there's any grammar fail btw, just wanted to say this to ya really quick as I'll be away for most of the day today.

Last edited:
Oh I didnt see at first glance that it will take place 6th feb., im not here that time so sign me off :(

@ Cyborg - This looks like fun, the problem with the Survivor format is that I don't know who the players are, they're just numbers. So, I'd be shouting "and 24 shot 37 with the minigun and 11 fell off the thing and landed on 89's face..." and everyone would be thinking well wtf does that mean? It would be much more interesting if I knew who each player was of course, but two problems with that -

And, as some tart pointed out, people have problems understanding my accent.

You just solved your own problem. Everybody enjoys some proper scottish blattering once in a while.

I beg to differ, if others outside the community watched this and got confused by the 'just numbers' include a brief description of what's going on in the stream's description.
I see how doing a whole commentary regarding players as just numbers would be sort of awkward for lack of a better term but it would just make the commentary much more entertaining imo, as you analyze each player in detail the viewers would be more interested into finding out who the hell numbers 19 and 78 really are.
, just like your assent would and if some nitwit can't understand what you're saying through out the whole thing they can just turn down the volume and follow along themselves if they'd like

Imo what would make the commentary top notch would be a bagpipe playing in the background!

Finally, you could have someone like html to commentate with you, as one of you is busy doing w/e the other one can take over the commentary.

If none of this sounds appealing to you through you could just stream the 2v2 bit of it.

Edit; ^Sorry if there's any grammar fail btw, just wanted to say this to ya really quick as I'll be away for most of the day today.

Well, it's all things to talk about nearer the time. I was thinking Ban could be shoutcast partner, since he knows what he's doing an he could do the music.

I tested the broadcast idea tonight using XSplit and own3d.tv but it was less than a success. People watching said it was too choppy, meaning that there's probably an issue with my upload speed, since my UT was not choppy at all, so it's obviously a transmission thing. I doubt I have the u/l speed to cope with this livestrea, which is a shame. But if we can get someone (mb in Ned?) to stream the game, and Ban and I could do the commentary for it over Skype with our spec spots. I'm sure that would be better.

The nearest hub to my flat is in Birmingham, which isn't even in Scotland. Not surprised my u/l sucks :\ Thanks for the help tonight in irc.