Suggestions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

looks like nobody took my suggestion serious...
then ill just post it again a bit more specific:

Vivid Vehicles
This mod gives Vehicles a team colored Skin.

Homepage: click here

screenshots: (click image to enlarge)

fuckin lamer...

looks like we will have to use his links then :(
go to his page :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmm.
I have a suggestion regarding the Safegame issue.

It seems that people with a 'standard' PC are having some troubles playing when SG is checking the files.
It causes some heavy lag-sitiations.
Anti Cheat is essential and should not be removed, on the contrary.
But to prevent this laggy situations and give everybody a fair chance to play I suggest we push the match start time 2 minutes forward. By that time SG should have finished checking the files on 98% of all PC's.

I know I'm not the only one with thoughts about this.

dont you think the wait time is allready too long ?

and now you wanna make it more?

:(

Reactions: Avalanche
mentioned this to one of the admins before. And if it takes 2 long remove a map. Seeing as the nonagon isn't in place yet these temporary changes won't really matter.

Well, the wait time can be used to get rid of your natural liquids , getiting more coffee etc.

I'm just as concerned about the Fraghub League as everyone else is. And I do think this 'lag' will scare some players away somehow. It reminds me of the laggy servers we had in UT99 sometimes. It takes the fun away from the game. Nonagon system or not.

To make this game popular we must do more than we did before. There's many other games that draws peoples attention.

Mushashi said:
[...]And I do think this 'lag' will scare some players away somehow. It reminds me of the laggy servers we had in UT99 sometimes. It takes the fun away from the game. Nonagon system or not.
You do know that SafeGame only lags you (in particular) during the critical checks. (The red text). And slightly (and I mean slightly) during the "yellow" checks.
After that has been completed there is no interaction with SafeGame whatsoever, so the lag you speak of is only 2 minutes from when you join the map.
After that, it is the servers fault if it lags, (or your own computer, if possible), that's lagging..

Reactions: Sudeki`
is there a way to make these checks faster after first time maybe?
i can see that a full check is necessary and i think that is ok... but waiting those 2 mins every map is shit...
i mean if i am playing for 2 hours then 24 mins were fucking checking by the cheatshit... :(
i would have no problem in beeing checked once when joining the server comparable with a PW...
you type it in once and then its fine. After a complete full check of few mins then the next few maps you play a different kind of check could run that only checks the critical files for example... should be much shorter i think...

while i am at it... are there cheats that have files with same names (same filenames) than files in the UT folder?
Or why is it a problem that ppl have same filenames in their UT folders?
I seen ppl kicked off of servers while ckeck with the message "bla bla -whoever has failed the check because of duplicate filenames".

Felerian said:
[...]are there cheats that have files with same names (same filenames) than files in the UT folder?
Or why is it a problem that ppl have same filenames in their UT folders?
I seen ppl kicked off of servers while ckeck with the message "bla bla -whoever has failed the check because of duplicate filenames".
That's because the client has the same file in the system folder and in the cache. Clear the cache and you should be allright for such kicks.

only 2 minutes? wtf do u mean only? it's not as if the map takes an hour? Fallencity for example first seconds r crucial they could just lag through n destroy the barricade. It's anoying v anoying so either lenghten the servers wait time before the map to start. Or remove the forced start and just put it in tournament mode so everyone has to click for it to start. I know u lack choice in chosing anticheat protection and i got nothing against it but starting a map while it's still checking is just retarded:smoke2:

Safegame doesnt allow the match to begin until critical checks are complete on the basis that's the 'intensive' checks....as subz said, you should be able to play after critical checks without noticeable lag.....certainly i don't have any problems with lag but clearly I'm luckier than some...

That said, the forced start time could be increased easily enough on mapchange, but theres no point in dumping it unless you either want to wait hours inbetween maps or potentially allow the match to start without a full contigent of players...

If it's gonna change though, what does it change to? I'm verified after 2mins 20secs but i know kitty for example still isnt verified after 4mins...Do we really want to wait 5mins+ at the start of every map just so players can be completely verified when the mutator was designed to be running after critical checks anyway? Add to that 5minutes the couple of minutes it takes to load the last map and imo, you've got a very dull match environment :(

This may be crazy but im just gonna throw it in anyway ... new ideas and all that ...

Can these tests not be run on a different server? like a really small shitty server that everyone joins before the match, then once approved there you get transferred to the match server? If for any reason you crash/disconnect you have to go back to the small shitty server to get in again. Substitutes for each clan could wait in the shitty server too, so if someone crashes you can sub straight away because he/she has already undergone the checks. Kinda like a "customs" bit to an airport, once you've gone through customs you dont have to be checked again.

You could even have multiple matches using the same "customs" server. Each clan enters with a different pass, and is put on the blue/red/gold/green or whatever team. Then the blue and gold team are transferred to matchserver1 and red and green are transferred to matchserver2. You could obviously make the map on the customs one as small as possible too so the least amount of shite has to be loaded, or even just show a Fraghub picture, you dont need to spawn or anything and u can stilll chat to the others there.

Would take alot of effort and i dunno if it would work ... but its something new to consider at least. :done:

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
the problem is that bots can be activated clientside after the checks have been completed so just checking once at the start of the match just means people can enable bots after the checks have been completed without fear of detection. AntiTCC had midgame checks for that reason, safegame has endgame checks.

Other than that, nice idea ;)

how about fuck the anticheat protection and force demo's? ;) (dunno how demanding that is with 2k4 tho).

Also wether we like it or not cheaters will always be 1 step ahead of the anti cheat people. Safe game anti tcc is no guarantee that there are no cheaters. It'd just keep the retarded gimps like raichu out.

If we put the penalty on cheaters higher like the clan who used em back to the holding zone and loses it's points. And the cheater get's a permanent ban from forums irc and the league. GUID forwarded to epic with the demo. That should scare most of em away i mean who would try to nob his own clan up just to get a few xtra kills.

Maybe a mutator implementation u can notify an admin from within game. Who could then join as a spec without join message.

RookiE said:
how about fuck the anticheat protection and force demo's? ;) (dunno how demanding that is with 2k4 tho).

Also wether we like it or not cheaters will always be 1 step ahead of the anti cheat people. Safe game anti tcc is no guarantee that there are no cheaters. It'd just keep the retarded gimps like raichu out.

If we put the penalty on cheaters higher like the clan who used em back to the holding zone and loses it's points. And the cheater get's a permanent ban from forums irc and the league. GUID forwarded to epic with the demo.
i agree with hard and consequent punishment, but i can and will not agree that a Clan should be punished aswell (except for that default loss of the match the cheater played in - if he was cought during a match) because it is not fair towards the Payers in that specific Clan. It would be punishing inocent ppl, because you can not prove that they did know it right? Of course if somebody says taht he knew it and then he deserves the punishment aswell.

RookiE said:
GUID forwarded to epic with the demo.
I must say that i dont like the way Epic reacts in this issue, permanent ban of a GUID and that way actually destroying the individual game. What if a person did not cheat and you send the GUID and demo in and they ban him? Great job, that dude payed 30-50€ for some useless CD/DVD´s now. (Well you could say, that will not happen, but i just remember a situation some time ago when a guy from my Clan got banned cuz his little son (11 years old) was playing on his computer with a fucked UT -downloaded from the internet- but he did not know that there was some hacked stuff in it. So he couldnt even use the cheats that were in the UT folders. Admins contacted my m8 and talked to him about hacked files in UT and his ip, so he installed his UT completely new on his own computer (not tinking of his sons computer at all) and everything looked fine, some days later his son played again and boom admin banned him - yes stupid situation and admins prolly did react right cuz they dont know him the way i do, but still the banned person was innocent)

RookiE said:
That should scare most of em away i mean who would try to nob his own clan up just to get a few xtra kills.
I think this would only make Clan´s die faster & quit faster cuz nobody can trust other (& especially new) Players then and so they will not want them to play in matches cuz you can not check your m8s for cheating or will somebody write a "IRC-ANTI-CHEAT-CHECKER" or maybe a "ICQ-ANTI-CHEAT-PLUGIN" so i can check ppl before i add them to the squad?

RookiE said:
Maybe a mutator implementation u can notify an admin from within game. Who could then join as a spec without join message.
Uhm, would be useless cuz i bet allmost in every match someboy would be calling a admin and i think they got more important stuff to do, than spec 50% of matches in the week. [Just to mention something from a other league i play, some guys have a good day and they do some nice spree´s and allmost every 2nd match i play (proas,ias & stdas) somebody moans (radar, bot, ...). Clans not confirming scores cuz admin have to check logs and watch demo´s just because somebody played great. Nice that the admins take care of that, but it should be serious suspicious stuff... cuz time is money and the league dont have much of it]

Hope you understood what i mean... its early and hard to write sentences making sense :hangover:
Sorry for talking some bollox, but just couldnt shut up :(
And still thx for making suggestion :P
/me hides cuz he dont wanna be choked or hanged :sofa:

RookiE said:

If we put the penalty on cheaters higher like the clan who used em back to the holding zone and loses it's points. And the cheater get's a permanent ban from forums irc and the league. GUID forwarded to epic with the demo. That should scare most of em away i mean who would try to nob his own clan up just to get a few xtra kills.

i agree with everythign you say, but a demo of a ONS map is up to 50 mb, so your facing some 100 mb's of demos per match. if anyone is suspected to have cheated he would have to upload all those demos, that could add up to an awfull lot of traffic for the admins, checking some gig worth of demos every month.

Rookies idea sounds good too me,allthough the size of demos is a prob for ons if that is the actuall size of em :(, but i like the idea