subforum about health?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

*bump*

Why not replace Distributed Computing with a health subforum?
The last post was give or take a few days a year ago. And going further back in time pretty much results in 1 thread a year.. imo hardly worth a subforum.

Martz, any "official" response to this?

I wonder if he actually sees this..
maybe we could replace this forum :lol:

Eat fruit 3 x a day

Eat as many different vegetables as you can...especially leafy green ones

Get lots of exercise

Masturbate often

Official response: we're not setting up any new forums.

There have been some exceptions, when its come to old clans coming back, and name changes etc. But that doesn't usually happen.

It's not a matter of just renaming forums - we can create millions of forums if needed, so we don't have to find old ones which are no longer used.

What is the main problem, is the complexity of setting up and maintaining a clan forum. Changes to moderators/usergroup leaders requires an admin to click through quite a few very busy screens. With every new clan forum we take on, the backend gets exponentially bigger and more complicated.

At one point, because of the way vBulletin administration works, the forums permission page used to be around 9mb of HTML and forums, which required constant reloading and scrolling.

With the addition of the memberships system in the user cp, at least now members can be added and removed from clans - which used to be a very time consuming job.

I've never given the job of creating forums to any other admin, and I've discouraged any other admins from creating them - purely from the complexity point of view. Not that I don't trust them, but the whole thing is so huge, complex and delicate that a slight wrong configuration or unexperienced approach to how it works can result in private clan forums being made public whilst they appear private, the loss of forum posts and the deletion of the user rather than just the moderator permission - etc. Things I've done many times myself in the past and had to reach for either a forum backup or try and fudge the database back into shape.

So, in summary - the reason we don't have clan forums is because: I've never had the time or inclination to show another admin how to properly run the clan forums, I don't have the time to run them myself - otherwise I get 100's of private messages which I ignore, and also our limitation is not forumids but rather bandwidth - and donations have dried up for a long time. There doesn't seem much point increasing our overheads of running the forums when we don't have matching income to support it.

The latter is no anyones fault, but not creating lots of hosted clan forums means that the general forums have more chance of staying alive/hosting and funded.

Help any?

short n simple response cuz im using my wii.

martz, you're talking about (private) clan forums with members etc. the health forum is a subforum open to all, im sure thats way easier and hopefully changes your view/answer?

omg this is a computer games forum, why the hell talk about medical issues?