Stats

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
I guess Useless can kind-of be thanked for spurring MyM to badger me into fixing the UTStats problem on the Pug server. It's not quite what he asked for, but it's certainly a step forward.

It's only been tested as far as the setup, so will be interesting to see some proper matches on there to see if this is all being sent through correctly, but the idea is that a unique match code is now correctly generated at the start of each Pug, which allows the website to finally distinguish between each pug game.

If all goes well, each future Pug Game should now be listed as an individual match under a link on the stats site ingeniously labelled "PUG Matches"; note, they should not be listed under the League Matches section, so don't go asking why they're not there!

Anyway, I'm disappearing for a few days now, so when I get back I'd like to see quite a few entries under that link please!

hf.

Not at all, don't mention it :bow: You guys should prolly thank Weirdo and MyM too though.

Seriously though, nice work :thumb:

Is it just me or doesn't it seem to be working? I can't see any PUG Matches under the "PUG Matches" header. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

The FTP was turned off, dont know if this was done on purpose by Timo but Ive restarted it this morning so itll update within an hour or so.
Looks like everything is working on the server side, now itll be a case of whether the web page works :)

It is so easy now that suicides by console don't count as deaths.

this is the worst idea ever, people will read too much into stats and forget about real assault, like how i practically carry my team each time we play which always seems to go unnoticed, now it will be even more unnoticed, GREAT!!! :shout:

this is the worst idea ever, people will read too much into stats and forget about real assault, like how i practically carry my team each time we play which always seems to go unnoticed, now it will be even more unnoticed, GREAT!!! :shout:

UT99 assault is much more than the total stats. It can help for players that have an idea what happens ingame, to show them as insiders, what kind of game occurred. Over all its good to have the stats system. Like you meant XB, the one and only fixation to stats, that cant explain in all the facets which position someone played and how good he played them, will like it was discussed in other stats threads already, mislead about the true gaming power of each individual player.

Dont worry XB. I dont need the stats. I know why I choose you in the pug games! :D

Attachments

• skills.jpg
    skills.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 114