some of my unfinished maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

chico looks fc pinhead can u post some screenies of inferno cos the levels to big to fit on floppy disk and my networks down :P

i love the roof bit inside the temple, quality mate!

erm no
at the very beginning, just run back, then up that mountain, hammerjump onto big tower and then you're at the final objective
or with a double hammerlaunch etc ...

stick a team trigger up there and set its event to set of a specialevent trigger which is set to kill instigator so it kills drooz every time he tries the jump pinhead ;)

Inferno looks even classier mate, ive d/loaded it but cant play it on my comp yet :( jwer's good for giving advice on weapon placements and spawn points if u need any help on them and he has more ideas/suggestions than u could shake a stick at ;)

You look way more advanced than me so im gonna get back to my piece o crap and leave u alone now, gl with the maps mate :)

sooo can't wait to see these maps :D:D

sorry for no responses yet m8, still stuck at my parents "being happy with the family" as soon as the calender hits 2003 i'll be hittin ya with a stick to complete the map :)

maybe i can be arsed to DL it on this crappy comp PII 366 with 56k con and post today or tomorrow :p:

else :soon:

and mutts, where's "AS-Newclass" or whatever the names gonna be fs :hammer: :whip:

edit: kay the map's small, DL'in now idea's today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
tons and tons of idea's for AS-Chico... it has much potential and could be great...

your main problem is the same as muttley's initial problem, and i think many mapmakers have... you make something nice, but you want it to be playable....

well... you need to "stage" the map, which means you have to figure out where you want people to fight... you pick out the nicest parts, and make sure the defenders and the attackers will fight there... you do that by weapon/health placement, and spawnpoints... figure out in your head "if def spawns here and attack spawns there, where will they fight?"

then judge objectives, are they easy, are they hard... right now, all the objectives can be shot easily, most if not all even with trics from far...

for AS-Chico... the first two objectives are too easy, any weapon will take em out from far... maybe you can make something around the objective so it can't be shot from THAT far away, or only very hard...when you take out the second objective should there be summin opened cause i only saw it in haste and didn't find anything yet, make sure there's a stair or ramp system to a higher level...

exploit the launch potential (RL yes/no is a choice, i say no for this map), you can do that by using the bridge tactic... either make something around the last objective that only opens if you hit something on the top of the hill, reachable by going low or launching high... you could make like 5 little objectives and if the attackers get 3 then a new spawn opens up top... make sure these early launches are defendable, by building summin up top and puttin a sniper there, you can make it easier or harder to defend by adding ammo and/or walls ontop of the hill...

enough idea's for now, wait till i'm home and we can walk over the map together for more idea's, for you the same as muttley, you have great mapmaking potential, do something with it...:)

:D ahhh thx m8 this will be a great help

just one thing :P

for AS-Chico... the first two objectives are too easy

the objectives u c are just temporary lol... i culdnt be arsed to make objectives yet, cuz i like designing a map better :P .. so i just quickly made a fortstandard, so I culd c if the doors an stuff worked :D

enough idea's for now, wait till i'm home and we can walk over the map together for more idea's
thx that wuld be nice... then u can also point me out some gud locations for objectives

nps, use ur brains and u'll be fine :)

the objectives u c are just temporary lol... i culdnt be arsed to make objectives yet, cuz i like designing a map better .. so i just quickly made a fortstandard, so I culd c if the doors an stuff worked

so u admit ur lazy, make some decent ones then! :whip:

i'll be back by prolly the 2nd or 3rd, i'll give ya a kick by then :)

hmmm a HOM :(... i'll have to fix that somehow... thow I culdnt find the spott myself can u walk me to it? or make a screenshot of greater distance :rolleyes: