simple ued question

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

how do you texture a mover? when i click "show poly" and i add my texture, it looks good until i push that mover. (in this case it's a button) the mover actually moves as it should be but the texture stay's on "key 0" and does not go to "key 1" but stays on it's place. so it looks like the mover doesn't work.... but like i said, the mover DOES work fine.

plz help :D

ps, rep for the one who helped me out :cool:

if you mean that you don't SEE it moving but it actually IS (standing on for instance)..... have you tried rebuilding?
have you tried creating the mover again? :)

edit: maybe it's actually 2 movers.... one with the visuals and non-solid... the other with the solidness?

I'd just delete the mover and make it again.... :P

Reactions: pykenike
often if ur chaning a mover brush size with those free size tools ur movers get fuxored.. they stay about the orginal size even if u dont see it ect so u gotta add itt 2 the world as normal material and then creata a box around it with brushtool and intersect it or the other button dont remember exactly wich of em it was.. well then u get the actual size and can add it as mover.

ye, move your mover away and maybe theres another brush (delete the brush)... now turn your mover back to the right position and precache :)
or create a new mover : create a brush which should be the mover, texture it, after that right click on the brush and polygons -> to brush

now you have to click on add mover :) the new mover should have the textures of the brush you have textured

Last edited:
To reinforce it, I'll just say what I was going to say. :D

!. Delete the mover and the brush (which is probably there).
2. Shape the builder and place it where you want.
3. Click Add Mover (DO NOT subtract; that makes a brush).
4. Click show polys THEN texture the mover.

euym; it's usually best to add & texture the brush before sending the builder to brush polys and changing it to a mover. Avoid texturing / retexturing a mover.

I build movers up from brushes, texture em, intersect the whole thing and insert it as a mover.

sobo said:
I build movers up from brushes, texture em, intersect the whole thing and insert it as a mover.

me2

also be sure to make the red brush that you intersect with is larger than the mover-brushes (not an exact fit!)... as some textures will turn out better