Shootmania: Storm

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

looks to me like a ground only version of tribes ascend.....

jetpack on rightclick to make you move faster with rapidly decreasing/regenerating energy

may have some potential but i smell a bit of a ripoff :P

Oh, don't be put off by the terrible skill in that first vid.

a CS clan vs a TF2 clan. One of the highlights of the tournament for me. This and the final ofc :)

The NDA for the alpha stops tomorrow, so we'll most likely get to see more stuff about it then.
Also, there's going to be a great tourney/event for Shootmania: Storm on SOPA LAN (Saturday 16th)

It is almost ready for the first real public Shootmania LAN event. SOPA Lan will kick off this Saturday with some of esports’ great in attendance.

On 16 and 17 June Paris will be the place to be for Shootmania fans. SOPA Lan will hold its event with 32 teams with €3,500 in prize money and other prizes with a total value of €13,000.

As in previous events, SOPA Lan will be played in Elite 3v3 mode. The event will start off with a groupstage. There will be four groups of eight. The top four of each group continues to a second groupstage, where the seeds will be determined. All teams will go through from here into a double elimination sixteen team bracket.
The stream will be up tomorrow and commentary will be done by Josh “prodiG” Folland and Stuart “Django” Ewen.

Below is the schedule:

Groupstage 1: Saturday 10:30 – 19:30 CET
Groupstage 2: Saturday 20:00 – 23:00 CET
Playoffs: Sunday 09:00 – 17:00 CET

Finals of the SOPA Lan at 15:30 GMT, 1030 EST, 0730 PST!

Gonna be high-skilled: colwn vs adK

Team colwn

• stermy (Italy)
    winz (France)
    l1nkin (France)

Team adK

• aMk (France)
    thek1ng (France)
    lanf3ust (France)

Both teams have been doing good in their matches. colwn have only lost one map so far, so they're high favourites. adK were kicked down to Lower Brackets but managed to win that and get to the final.
They've got to play this final smart, and stay out of sight from stermy's railgun when he's attacking, cuz he's a beast with that thing :eek:

Watch the stream here with commentary:
http://www.twitch.tv/maniaActu

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the ShootMania Storm Beta is about to begin. To any player wishing to test the game, you have until the 2nd July 2012 to register.

To begin the Beta, all of the Alpha players will receive a 7-day Beta key. So it’s very important that all Alpha players have indicated a valid email in their ingame profile.

Now for the best part... Every player who has registered for the Beta on the official site will receive a 7-day ShootMania Storm Beta key! (disclaimer: the beta key lasts for 7 days after activation)

But that’s not all, a new mode will also appear in the Beta : “Siege”, a 5 vs 5 competitive mode.

So to everyone interested in playing ShootMania Storm, register now at http://www.shootmania.com before it’s too late !

Finally, don’t forget to watch this short video from the Alpha and to look at the three new screenshots:
ShootMania-Storm-Screenshot-1.jpg

ShootMania-Storm-Screenshot-2.jpg

ShootMania-Storm-Screenshot-3.jpg

So yeah. Apply for your invites. Let's try to get something good going on :)

ask prom. I'm waiting till I have a bit more time. The beta only lasts for a week after activation.

Eh, I used mine yesterday evening. Pre-ordered the game today as well.
(This pre-order will give you immediate and unlimited access to the Beta.)

Got a spare beta key (signed up with 2 emails :devil:) if anyone wants one.

Last edited: