Setting name bind + aliases stuff

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AnTi said:
Oki i decided to bind all my names in 1 key.

I have 5 names :P but for some reason only 4 works...
When i add 5th alias its gone after i leave UT and only 4 works, bot even correctly.

Aliases[28]=(Command="setname meh|set input F9 name2",Alias=Name5)
Aliases[29]=(Command="setname antiXTREME[Nil]|set input F9 Name3",Alias=Name2)
Aliases[30]=(Command="setname .:rS.AnTi!|set input F9 name4",Alias=Name3)
Aliases[31]=(Command="setname [<O>]AnTi|set input F9 name5",Alias=Name4)

F9=Name2

Those 4 works id like to add also K!L*AnTi how i do that? Ive tried many times different stuff and nothing worked.
Thx!

Make it look nicer to begin with, and eventually more easy to understand:
Code:
Aliases[28]=(Command="setname meh|set input F9 Name2",Alias=Name[B]1[/B])
Aliases[30]=(Command="setname .:rS.AnTi!|set input F9 Name4",Alias=Name3)
Aliases[31]=(Command="setname [<O>]AnTi|set input F9 Name[B]1[/B]",Alias=Name4)

F9=Name1      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name2      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name3      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name4      [U]u   decide![/U]

Here same logic adding a fifth nick:
Code:
Aliases[28]=(Command="setname meh|set input F9 Name2",Alias=Name1)
Aliases[30]=(Command="setname .:rS.AnTi!|set input F9 Name4",Alias=Name3)
Aliases[31]=(Command="setname [<O>]AnTi|set input F9 Name[B]5[/B]",Alias=Name4)
Aliases[3[B]2[/B]]=(Command="setname K!L*AnTi|set input F9 Name1",Alias=Name[B]5[/B])

F9=Name1      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name2      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name3      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name4      [U]or[/U]      F9=Name5    [U]u   decide![/U]

Think of it this way: all of these NameX Aliases do about the same thing, each one sets nick and then modifies F9 keybind so next time it will execute the very next one aka NameX(+1).
Remember this, the last line is the tricky one to get a loop effect. Name5 Alias sets 5th name and then changes the binded key to point back to Name1, which is the first Alias nick. This way, next time user press the key binded (here: F9) it will execute Name1 Alias Command and get back on track for the following binded nicks.

Keybind relates to one nick Alias after the other. I guess this way u might even add more of such aliased nicks Commands without a glitch but i never used more than 5 tbh.

Some caracters combination have issues with setname command.
Anti, one day I ran across a problem like the one u described, I added one bind and las my binded key would stop function from the moment i tried to display that very new nick. Opening my user.ini file showed me last line got whipped out and turned into smthg like this:
Code:
(tis nok - error sample)
Aliases[32]=(Command="setname </
(end of line, nothing more, then following Aliases intact and my keybind kept unchanged...)
So my Alias would partly disappear, be eaten by UT ?? cause in fact I had saved Aliases[32]=(Command="setname </>zf<\>sample|set input F9 Name1",Alias=Name5)
I thought WTF happened here??

First I decided to have a test and changed nick order keeping all rest same to see if that affected and... YES It would stop working as soon as it would try to change to the new nick I was adding. I deduced it was the nick containing conflicting caracters when used from within an Alias. Aye, was due to some special caracter not working under Alias. From then, I keep 4 Aliases and a classic setname keybind as workaround for special my nick. Thus had a 2nd key busy for nick binds:
CapsLock=setname </>zf<\>sample
:takeit: ok i reckon capslock is a weird choice, just that free keys are very seldom here.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Scarab-
Ice said:
easiest is to make .ini files in UT/system folder.

name1.ini

setname Anti
set input F7 exec name2.ini

name2.ini

setname Anti2
set input F7 exec name3.ini

name3.ini

setname Anti3
set input F7 exec name4.ini

name4.ini

setname Anti4
set input F7 exec name1.ini

user.ini

F7=exec name1.ini

:nod: dont have to call them ini files either, just save them as text files and do exec name1.txt

Not sure why /\/\ wouldn't save in an alias popi. I know // won't save as it will assume the rest of that line is a comment. You can get around this by putting an ascii character (which displays as blank in UT) in between the slashes: /?/

Ur right Weirdo, 'setname yo/\/\other' used from within an alias command wont get damaged still only 'yo/' will display.

Found the one that made me use another key, try 'S=setname </>zf<\>sample', it works. But if this command is used from an Alias, ull get uncomplete name set and Alias command fooked.

:edited my previous post accordingly:

Last edited:
Extended ini entries are parsed in an C++ like manner. You have to cover a backslash with a 2nd backslash to get it working

in simple entries (like direct assignment to a key) this works:

s=setname yo/\/\other

but in an extended entrie (like aliases) you have to write it this way:

Aliases[29]=(Command="setname yo/\\/\\other",Alias=asdf)

hmm i aswell wish i could to this without the gay

f7 setname = [»ULL«]ämä
f8 setname = »{FªG}«ämä.
f9 setname = ]»$«[roflmao^

way. Ill try to do wut popi showed, merci :D

-AmaZ- said:
hmm i aswell wish i could to this without the gay

f7 setname = [»ULL«]ämä
f8 setname = »{FªG}«ämä.
f9 setname = ]»$«[roflmao^

way. Ill try to do wut popi showed, merci :D

. . . .:spit: