script help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
hi :D

i know that you can make a remote script make things on certain actions, but is it possible to make it identify me with /msg nickserv identify password whenever i change to a certain name?

because when i change between two registered nicknames or change from "ice_away" to "ice" i have to identify again and that's annoying.

The even easier way is to group your nicknames instead of registering them all individually. This way once you have identified you can freely change between them without needing to identify again - unless you switch to an ungrouped nick and back.

/msg nickserv help group

Reactions: Ice and Martz
Crazy Squirrel said:
The even easier way is to group your nicknames instead of registering them all individually. This way once you have identified you can freely change between them without needing to identify again - unless you switch to an ungrouped nick and back.

/msg nickserv help group

I did it once and lost clan channel... why ? i just added nick to group...

Maybe he grouped 2 nicks already registered with different privileges, and one of them lost the access it had...
Remember when you group a nick it takes the settings/access/passwords of the nick you are grouping with.

i.e. I have 'Psy' with ~ on my channels, then I register 'NewPsy' without any access, set my nick to 'Psy' and type:

/ns group NewPsy NewPsySpassword

Psy takes NewPsy privileges and settings... which is no access. All the channels I had registered with 'Psy' will probably drop.

(just guessing, not sure if NickServ allows grouping registered nicks)

Anyway to group nicks you don't need to register them first. If I wanted Psy[UT] to share access/privileges/password with Psy, I'd just set my nick to Psy[UT] and type:

/ns group Psy mypassword

What I thought :D

You gave to your usual nick "Anti" the privileges of a new nick "AnTi`away" ... which had no access at any channel :P

Should have done it the other way around:

/nick AnTi`away
/ns group Anti AntisPassword

So if i want to add nick to the group i have to switch nick 1st eg on AnTi`away then type /ns group Anti AntisPassword its mean i added this nick to AnTi`s group ?

/Edit typo -_-

Exactly, you don't even need to register the new nick first, group will do it all.

just register them to your main name (with the privileges), not other way round :D good thing that i accidently did that without even knowing :D

And as a note to this we now use a services version with nick tracking, which means (if it works all well, and please tell me if it doesnt) that once you've had your registered nick identified once, you wont need to reidentify once you change back to it from another nick (although you still only have your privileges with the registered nick)

Reactions: Psychotic
when i log on to irc (without reconnecting) now i get the message "you are already identified" is it IP-adress-dependant? because that could be abused by other users who use the same line, via router or remote internet access.

No, it's connection based. The services simply access this information that the Server has and realise you already identified earlier.

Psychotic said:
Anyway to group nicks you don't need to register them first. If I wanted Psy[UT] to share access/privileges/password with Psy, I'd just set my nick to Psy[UT] and type:

/ns group Psy mypassword
I tried this m8, thought it would be kewl to have ~ on #SpR, but I did a /ns group Psy mypassword, and it didn't work... Happen to have changed your password recently or maybe made a typo? :angel: :jester: