1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule Rules?

Discussion in 'Fraghub General Discussions' started by gringo, Jul 14, 2004.

1. gringo

gringo Dope

Ok, so I may be a little slow, but I dont really understand this! Or at least my answer would depend on the schedule rules. The poll says:

When a clan doesnt meet the minimum required matches per month, the penalty should be.......

1) If the new league works in a similar way to the 99 league in terms of the schedule telling you who you have to play (nonogan scheduling or similar) then if a clan doesnt show for any of them then it should surely be just a forfeit loss?

2) If there is no schedule and therefore no pre-determined clans that you have to play every month (and it's therefore up to you to find any 3 other opponents and agree date/time/servers) then I probably won't be playing in this league anyway and therfore my vote doesnt really matter lol.

Atm CB use option 2) and it is a complete and utter, total unmitigated disaster. Even if unlike CB you say 'you must' play x number of games per month, the logisitics of expecting every clan to be able to find at least 3 other clans willing to play them that month and then arrange times etc is asking too much. imo it'll turn like CB where basically the ladder is full of inactivity or admins will spend their lives listening to people bitch about how it's not their fault they cant organise the full number of requeired matches and so as a resutl they shouldnt be penalised.

We've been in CB for what 3 or 4 months and played 3 matches total as a result of this crap system. We have challeneged probably every single clan in the ladder at least once but without a pre-determined scedule at the start of each month, its a lose lose situation from our experience.

I could go on about other potential scheduling problems but will wait for an answer to this question first ;) cheers

2. JACKEL

JACKEL Moderator

LMFAO

3. ProPain

ProPain Contents under Pressure

4. kronik

kronik <o>

oi gimpain where u hidin?? :boozer:

5. Geo

Geo One & Only

Yeah sounds Bad ,but im sure if anyone can get a system working then utas admins can as its home of AS but my thoughts at moment are that some things aint correct :(

6. Felerian

Felerian "All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"

I totally agree with gringo... it will happen exactly the way he described it...
    And i hope the admins will take notice and change their mind of using a ladder system befor starting the league.

7. .Terror.

.Terror. New Member

gringo 4 presedent :P ;)

8. Joko

Joko Be Young. Be Foolish. But Be Happy!

wh00p wh00p

gringod gringod :kiss:

9. gringo

gringo Dope

:lol: who ordered the 'Rent-a-fans'

:grouphug:

10. Joko

11. LeNiXiS

LeNiXiS Hells Yea

12. Geo

Geo One & Only

13. Mushashi

Mushashi [ADC] {SUYM} -=E[o]S=- *bwd* [DWAP]

I don't like a ladder based system either.

Let it be as it has been until today.
    Ladder system will make the clans in the lower end resign very fast.
    The reason UTA League has survived is not only the game but also the way it was build.

Dear admins: Please consider once again.

14. SkullSquasher

SkullSquasher Active Member

yup couldnt have said it any better than gringo, with first hand experiance of the organisation of clan matches in cb its total crap and doesnt have a patch on how uta runs the league, hence the reason I resigned RC from cb, I seriously hope the new league will be run like the 99 league, so pleeeeeeeeese make it like 99 :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  15. Felerian

Felerian "All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"

totally agree with Krieger and skull...
    if its not like ut99 its gonna be dead faster then it started imo

16. doh

doh hodlike

How do you want a nonagan system in a league with only a few clans?
    The system will end up like this eventually, but just like when the UT99 league started, there will have to be quite a few clans before you can start making divition and noooonagans

17. Joko

doh douting the power of the nonagon :eek: I'm telling on you :D

Cant really say anything until we see the number of sign-ups

18. Mushashi

Mushashi [ADC] {SUYM} -=E[o]S=- *bwd* [DWAP]

There are already many clans out there on the public servers. Both As and Ons.
    I bet many of them would like to join a League to test their skills.

I also know of many players already in the UTA who just waits for the League to start up.
    Even players who once left UTA wanting to play new games at the time due to graphics etc.

In the last weeks during online game I also talked to many players (especially clan players). Their response was positive. They thought a League like the UTA would be a great idea since the CB was very frustrating organised.

The popularity of a 'new' League is higher than you can imagine.
    Waiting too long could result in failure since many UTA players find other games. Now more than ever.
    We see the clans leaving or having troubles getting enough players. The slow dead is becoming a fact.

As soon as the new League is up and running it would be a smart thing for all the active players to 'Advertise' the new League on all the servers (binds etc.) + visit all the different forums around.

"Do not underestimate the power of UT2004"

Oh, yes BTW:
    SUYM will with most likely perform a team.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  19. Rel@x

Rel@x *****istrator

Sorry i didnt reply any time sooner.

I agree we should have a nonagon-like system. And we will have it but not when we start. Like doh mentioned if/when there are enough clans we will use the same system like utassault.net's nonagon system. You dont need to convince us, you need to convince players/ clans to join this league :)

We will mainly start with 2 divisions .. HZ and the main Division. Once more clans join, another division will be created and a nonagon system will be used.
    We've built the system to be able to work both ways, a free-challenging league and a nonagon system league.
    The penalty question is only valid at the main start of the league.

Please, if you think it won't work, dont judge us too fast. Like i said we also want a nonagon system just as much as you. We know this is what you want and which has been proven to work in the past as well!

/Rel@x

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  20. munkZ

munkZ New Member

sounds decent i spose, gotta get clans interested in it some how

if mi5 join we can prolly pull a fair chunk of the ons community in given our current status :)