Ripper shots

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I was getting sick of precise ripper shots being ruined because of my mouse moving slightly when I switched weapons or zoomed out or even just pressed the fire button. This happens all the time to me and the aim is thrown off then I have to start all over again. And that's crap in matches. So I thought it would be good to have a button which froze my mouse totally so the aim was locked no matter what I did.

I had this alias bind (thanks to whoever it was who posted it) in my ini for a while and I thought I'd make a new bind based on that to freeze my crosshair. Here are the original two aliases which swap my mouse sens between 3.00 and 5.00 -

Aliases[32]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=3.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=3.00 | set input GreyStar slowmouse",Alias=fastmouse)
Aliases[33]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=5.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=5.00 | set input GreyStar fastmouse ",Alias=slowmouse)

And just assign a key to either fastmouse or slowmouse -

GreyStar=slowmouse

And the new bind is this -

GreySlash=set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=0.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=0.00

So in other words I press GreyStar once to set mouse sens to 3.00 then again to change it to 5.00. And I press GreySlash to set mouse sens to 0.00 (frozen). To unfreeze it I have to press GreyStar again - pressing GreySlash twice doesn't change sens back to normal.

I've tested it and it's very useful - once you have your crosshair on the exact point you want you just press GreySlash and your aim is preserved :) Please try it and tell me what you think.

I reckon this bind would work the same as the fastmouse/slowmouse thing, u can try this one, havent tested it tho.

Aliases[34]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=0.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=0.00 | set input GreySlash freeze ",Alias=normalsense)
Aliases[35]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=5.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=5.00 | set input GreySlash normalsense ",Alias=freeze)

GreySlash=freeze

Well yeah but that only gives you the option of 2 possible mouse sens. I put in the normal bind which people might use for snipers, ie. 5.00 for DMing and general play and 3.00 for more accurate sniping. Just cos some people like lowering it for using the scope. Then I put in the freeze as a separate bind since you would not be using it very often, but it won't interfere with swapping between sniper sens and DM sens.

Snee said:
this one is much easier on frigate.. and u need 1 ripper instead of many :)

weaponhand hidden

u only need 1 ripper from roof to take out hydraulic compressor. But depends on how u actually stand.

Useless said:
Well yeah but that only gives you the option of 2 possible mouse sens. I put in the normal bind which people might use for snipers, ie. 5.00 for DMing and general play and 3.00 for more accurate sniping. Just cos some people like lowering it for using the scope. Then I put in the freeze as a separate bind since you would not be using it very often, but it won't interfere with swapping between sniper sens and DM sens.

Erm this one is still seperate..? just that u can switch back now with the same button (GreySlash) instead of GreyStar.

Yeah but you only have 2 possible senses - 5.00 and 0.00. With mine you have 3 possible senses - one button to freeze the crosshair totally and the other button to swap between two higher ones, or to exit from the freeze. For example, in your one you can't have any other movement sens than 5.00 but in mine you get to put in 2 movement senses and swap between them, and only involve the freeze by pressing a different button altogether.

lava 1 shot ripper

ok guys here's the one shot ripper

i've decided to make a demo and screenys after i'v seen that nobody else really bothers to post it and i'm a lazy git so it means something

there has been a demo here before from a mi5 guy but the link is broken

Attachments

• lava1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 306
  • lava2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 294
and here the demo

btw right weaponhand

Attachments

• lava1shotrip.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 80
there u go useless

Aliases[34]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=0.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=0.00 | set input GreySlash freeze ",Alias=normalsense)
Aliases[35]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=5.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=5.00 | set input GreySlash normalsense ",Alias=freeze)
Aliases[36]=(Command="set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=3.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=3.00 | set input GreySlash normalsense ",Alias=3sense)

Lol I know m8 but I deliberately left the freeze separate from the moveable ones so you can swap between the moveable ones without being forced to skip through the freeze. This could be kinda important in DM or snipe situations, especially on slower computers - I still notice a slight pause when I change sens, and my PC is pretty fast.

ah thats ur point hmmm true but u dont switch sens in the middle of a fight
well dont need others sens anyway :P
and DM suxx :P

muha digging this thread for raft:

im very super l33t with rippers, i know like 23 lavafort ripperz. (im not as cool as raft tho :()

every time someone diggs those topics i wish there would be rep system back ;)