Ripper research tool

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Polle

Oct 8, 2001
Someone on Dog server requested a tool I wrote ages ago (while I was still in RC). Its a modified ripper providing faster feedback when you hit an objective.

- Put rip.u in your system folder
- Start UT in single player
- Type 'summon rip.pracripper' in console

Primary fire is a fast ripper making a sound when your aim is correct. Damage is 0 so it doesnt destroy objectives.

Secondary fire shoots a ripper leaving a colored smoke trail.

Attachments

• rip.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 105
omfg :drool:

gj man

I fink html ought to own even more on lava

edit: wow its really a wonder, its a lot more usefull for upclose rippers then far away ripper yet it fucking owns very gj man, I just optimised a couple of rippers I knew by figuring out how much my aim could vary and still get it :thumb:

Last edited:
is it possible to distinguish headshot rippers and normal ones somehow ?
"head"shots destroy objectives a lot faster you know.

hahaha Polle, I don't know you but you fucking own!

I didn't knew objectives had heads o_0

but now we can see them :lol:

Bah, I wrote one of these as a server-side mutator too :P

I expect Polle's>mine however :X

Why are you never in IRC anymore Polle??

Suggestion: A picture-in-picture window that shows a blades-eye-view from the most recently fired shot.

Why are you never in IRC anymore Polle??

Ill pop in once i get mIrc installed. Nickserver probably forgot me though (again).

Suggestion: A picture-in-picture window that shows a blades-eye-view from the most recently fired shot.

Good idea. It does give you a better impression of when you are getting close.

Attachments

• rip3.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 109
LMAO thx to your ripper I now know that you can headshot the ventilation access in subbase by shooting like 2 meters above it :lol:

Last edited:
Can get most destroyable objectives with one ripper. In fact, if i remember right only one I couldnt get with one ripper was the crystal on Mazon. Prolly to do with strength of objective or something.

crystal of mazon needs 17 shots if I remember correct.
With a "hs" it needs only 5 rippers and not 1 because it has so much strength or healthpoints or whatever you call it

Nice 1 :thumb: .Saves me lot's of time trying to find out how to hit something. I always thought tha ripper blade bounced of 1 wall in Frigate.
Only, it becomes laggy when the ripper goes out of range :rolleyes:
At least that happened to me in Ocean floor.

Last edited:
hehe, same idea, I developed almost the same tool back in 2003 that shows an instant beam just like a laser pointer :)

good old ideas from psy :P

edit: just tested your headshot and camera thingy, thats really superior ;)

btw I always knew that every coder has something like this in his pocket :rofl:

Attachments

• Shot0007.gif
    Shot0007.gif
    315.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited: