rep comment should show names

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
REP comment/post should automatically show the name of the poster, else people post to much unserious / non-decent nonsense. If you want the rep system to be honestly used and not abused for bullshit. Then automatically add names and show all of rep-posts and not only the last 5. If ppl know the other side can see who wrote a comment then they will post serious and use their head befor writing some childish stuff.
I think that there is no problem with bad or good critisism but nonsense bullshit just because you dont like somebody or just want his rep down is stupid. Therefor the admins get a :thumbsup: from me cuz ppl only can post one time for a person and then have to spread alot rep to others first befor adding rep to the same person again. thx.

p.s. this is a decent post and i hope ppl to stay on topic

Hmm.. I dont understand you... in the other thread you keep saying "dont you got more" and "who cares for rep points anyway?" yet you keep creating one thread / post after another about the same topic.

So those anonymous comments seem to affect your after all. :\

i think you understand me wrong, i dont really care about them, but i want to help the admins anyway, (even though they didnt want me as a admin i still wanna help to make things good / better) and they made the rep system for some reason i guess. And the way it is now is not very good imo. so i suggested something that would make it better. understood now?

p.s.: that other thread is just so the kiddy´s have something to do, dont want them to get bored, so i let them :flame: at me a bit and everybody is happy. No need to say thx, i know i am a nice guy :coolfip:
And that other thread is totally off topic anyway so best is a admin would delete it.

Last edited:
Green, Red, White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Blue Rep points...

Attachments

• Who.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Fucking.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Cares.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 256
  • questionmark.jpg
    1,020 bytes · Views: 251
Reactions: -CrackKing-
MeetYourMaker said:
Not sure how the rep system has anything to do with league issues, why didnt you post it in the right place?

There are various threads about this in this forum

your right, but i got a better link :P

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=45974&page=1

read the first post, i totally agree :)
and at same time dont understand why nothing has changed if ppl allready talked about it.

EDIT: i just read most of it and must say... admin not acting right :(

Last edited:
Nothing has changed cos there's no consensus.

Only a few (like 4 people) keep moaning about the reputation system and keep going on about it.
It's nothing that bothers enough people.

(btw.. did u also read CS' posts in that thread?)

Reactions: gringo
If you are still pissed about getting those neg rep points for the thread you started about Mushroomhead, take a closer a look at what you did first. First you started a thread you could have taken to the admins only but decided to make it nice and public on purpose. Then you call ppl pricks, scared little cocksuckers, wank cowards etc etc, its not suprising some disagreed with your post and gave you negative rep which is precicley how the system is supposed to work. You should look at your own posts first and wonder why you get them before criticizing.

Having names included with the negative rep wouldnt work as it would just end up in silly tit for tat neg rep point hurling between tho two.

Felerian said:
REP comment/post should automatically show the name of the poster, else people post to much unserious / non-decent nonsense. If you want the rep system to be honestly used and not abused for bullshit. Then automatically add names and show all of rep-posts and not only the last 5. If ppl know the other side can see who wrote a comment then they will post serious and use their head befor writing some childish stuff.
I think that there is no problem with bad or good critisism but nonsense bullshit just because you dont like somebody or just want his rep down is stupid. Therefor the admins get a :thumbsup: from me cuz ppl only can post one time for a person and then have to spread alot rep to others first befor adding rep to the same person again. thx.

p.s. this is a decent post and i hope ppl to stay on topic
Sure showing the name in the reputation list is nice, but this was already discussed a zillion times.
u r free to contact a forum admin. A forum admin (i.e. Martz, CS) can check who gave you the bad reputation.

Statement of CS in the thread u mentioned:
CS said:
Edit: Forgot to say that if anyone is getting reaccuring bad rep for things that are clearly not deserved you can contact an admin such as me who will be able to look at all the rep you've had and from whom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinon`
Saytan said:
If you are still pissed about getting those neg rep points for the thread you started about Mushroomhead, take a closer a look at what you did first. First you started a thread you could have taken to the admins only but decided to make it nice and public on purpose. Then you call ppl pricks, scared little cocksuckers, wank cowards etc etc, its not suprising some disagreed with your post and gave you negative rep which is precicley how the system is supposed to work. You should look at your own posts first and wonder why you get them before criticizing.

Having names included with the negative rep wouldnt work as it would just end up in silly tit for tat neg rep point hurling between tho two.
well said danny. theres nothing more to add really.

again, - rep without any comment and without any name... thx alot

useless community member imo

Saytan summed up why you got so much bad rep on that thread perfectly Even I gave you bad rep (thats -10) because you turned the thread from a league issue into a moan about your rep. Nobody could give a toss about your rep*! Moaning and insulting more will only make more people bad rep you.

If you knew who bad repped you the fact is that you'd be bad repping them back as revenge instead of their post content. That's one of the reasons it isn't going to happen. The comments arn't validated btw anyone could sign anyones name in them, so it's silly for you to rely on that.
Anyone caught faking in this way will be dealt with.

*The exception being that I will look into your rep if you seem to be getting reaccuring bad rep for neutral posts

it's the same as with natural ressources and air pollution - will only be canged (improved) when it affects enough people. too narrowminded to change it beforehand to prevent abuse..

if my thread hasn't changed it, then this one will fail aswell :P

by the way, far more than 4 people have agreed to what i said in the other thread :P there's no reason not to agree, because it's all logical and i gave good arguments.. :rolleyes:

on top of that, if you make the system abuse-safe, then you (admins) will have less work, because you won't have to put up with PMs about unjustified rep points.

Last edited:
I agree with Felerian and Ice, though I know I am wasting my time saying so because the admins couldn't give a flying fuck.

Humph said:
I agree with Felerian and Ice, though I know I am wasting my time saying so because the admins couldn't give a flying fuck.
If you agree, give them positive rep. Thats the idea.

Reactions: Fin
I havn't had a pm about one unjustified rep point yet.

And your last thread Ice, well Hump agreed with you, and Masterr may have done.... And I know you got quite a bit of red rep, and that I got some green from it.... sooooo i'm happy going with the current majority. It's not as if we are damaging our planet and population by having rep. natural resources and air pollution vs the rep system :lol: Slightly different scenarios, just slightly :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.