Reinforcement time... about the poll.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
There should be two votes imo.
One for Defenders and one for Attackers.

This is what the vote looks like:
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?p=1107318#post1107318

But there should be different times for Attackers and Defenders.
I see most ppl voted for 7/default till now... so thats an awfull long time if you have to walk through a half map to get to a objectiv and +7 seconds... man, till then the defence is totally full with ammo, armor and back in great defence position... so the attackers should have maybe 1/2 time as defence.

Maybe i am getting something wrong.

firstly it's not possible to set a server with different reinforcements time for attackers and defenders - i dont even know if it's possible to achieve from a coding point of view....

even if it is, is it really desirable? If we both die / kill each other at the same time, why would it be fair that you get to respawn quicker than I do?

I also think the std maps are well balanced in terms of spawn positions atm anyway (ie in terms of the ratio in time it takes defenders and attackers to reach objectives). Remeber the reinforcements time counts down at the same time for both teams, so when your counter reaches 0 and you're respawning, so are the dead players on the other team....

imo, it's back to the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

leave it as it is, just start it.

Should it turn out unplayable wich i doubt then they could change it (if at all possible):D

Reactions: Geo
Not been cheeky or nout Fel but ive played in wars with default settings and its well playable and you use timer to advantage when possible for suiciding etc to avoid larger spawn times and even when it happens and you get spawn time of 7 secs its no great deal.And about walking halfway through maps etc ,maps may look big but yer not long in flying through em with tacs etc and unless im shock camping hrhr.Ive also played Legion v Mi5 funmatch with no spawn time and pfff i thought it was way unplayable :( defenders auto spawning :puke: .

I have said from start and agree with rookie , terror , gringo etc etc dont alter nout 2 do with spawn time ,if it aint broke doesnt need fixed plz see sense !

p.s i for one wont enjoy playing in a league 2k4 AS with altered spawn times and prob end up staying cb tbh as i reckon itd ruin 2k4AS mode b4 it even begins :bawling: .I dont understand why folk would want it changed other than they think it should be ut99AS which it aint pfff

Last edited:
i totally agree on the point that "no spawntime is shit" because it makes everythig spammy.

And i must say you guys changed my mind... besides that, somebody mentioned that its not possible anyway :P
and as somebody else sayed, if it turns out to be not so good the way it is, it still can be changed :)

Felerian said:
i totally agree on the point that "no spawntime is shit" because it makes everythig spammy.

And i must say you guys changed my mind... besides that, somebody mentioned that its not possible anyway :P
and as somebody else sayed, if it turns out to be not so good the way it is, it still can be changed :)

:D :nod: Welcome to the dark side Fel we knew youd change over lmao.Indeed i reckon its best way forward and the sensible approach for 2k4AS.