Re-Opened discussion about 136

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]As I mentioned in the other thread; this is entirely down to what type of server it is; on what kernel/o.s and how it has been set up. (read: Tickrates+kernel timings!)

The balance is with TIW. But it was rejected due to no-one agreeing on what it should be.

Funny how no-one wants to accept TIW, yet the majority of people moan that it is now unbalanced.[/QUOTE]

totally agree :)

^yako^ said:
but indeed, on sum server u hold firebutton for 1 sec and the opponent dies...fs redicolous !
on other servers u run behind one ahd shoot...and shoot...pump him full of bullets...he wont die....then he turns around and kills you! wtf is this? Where is the balance?
/yak :)

again: the minigun was not touched in the final 136b. It is exactly the same as it was in 135 and in pure Assault. Switch the Server to 135 or pure Assault and you will see that the minigun has exactly the same power on that actual server and tickrate. There is no "fix" enabled in 136b!

Read polle's post and you will understand why the power fluctuation @ tickrate 20 is that big. Unfortunately a native ut bug that has been there since ever :\

Reactions: Hardcore
I doubt this will take us anywhere... change it all to TIW only to have the other half of people bitch and moan till they have it their way again?

I'm not taking sides.. i kinda liked the tiw mini in one test version.
I just don't think that enough people really want to change it to make it happen.

Reactions: Hardcore
@ Polle, i understand what you mean, but how comes mini on DFP server is kinda good, and on Nil server is insane you can monster kill on Ballistic without any problem, same on Overlord, both servers has tickrate 20, and 136 installed... I guess something is wrong :o

:nod: What CeCe said.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]this is entirely down to what type of server it is; on what kernel/o.s and how it has been set up. (read: Tickrates+kernel timings!)[/QUOTE]

i like the mini how it is atm,if u make it weak then it'll be sniper arena,may as well play insta :rolleyes:
i rather play vs miniwhores than retard who blind spam rox/flak stand still for 10 minutes.

but tbh guys!

Be realistic... This is just like minigun only sumtimes, you could remove all other weapons..would be the same...!
there is NO chance for 'snipers' in a face to face duel to win it if the opponent uses minigun, he locks you and ur dead within 0,00001 blah seconds..or whatever...! Sometimes you kill him..yeh..but unlikely! :nono:

thats my opinion, give TIW another try :)

depends niki i remember a war vs RC were minigun was suddenly so weak that u couldnt even hit anyone with it and no matter what distance a sniper always won:S (was RCs server 2 btw ;) :P )

Reactions: CeCe
^yako^ said:
but tbh guys!

Be realistic... This is just like minigun only sumtimes, you could remove all other weapons..would be the same...!
there is NO chance for 'snipers' in a face to face duel to win it if the opponent uses minigun, he locks you and ur dead within 0,00001 blah seconds..or whatever...! Sometimes you kill him..yeh..but unlikely! :nono:

thats my opinion, give TIW another try :)
I dont play UT99 no more but my opinion is when long distance what chance has a mini gunner got against a sniper, works both ways imo.

was talking about face to face m8 :)!

yeh but fact is, if minigun hits u one time, ur almost dead also when it hits you from far away, thats my point!

Just too strong

/yak

^yako^ said:
was talking about face to face m8 :)!

yeh but fact is, if minigun hits u one time, ur almost dead also when it hits you from far away, thats my point!

Just too strong

/yak
Well i reckon diff as ive played against you using sniper and theres no chance from distance id stand a chance as youd have killed me with sniper 20 times b4 id be able to pinpoint ya down with mini from distance,which means ive got too change weapons to sniper myself and when its opposite way around i agree mini would pwn sniper most times but then its upto the other player to swap from sniper to mini inclose innit ? or have i got my wires crossed lol

Reactions: CeCe
but yes..at long distances sniper mostly wins :) yep :nod:

But look, assault has only a few maps where u can snipe...and on sum maps there are jus 1 or 2 parts where u can snipe...other parts are miniusage! and again on sum other maps u dont even have the chance to snipe on long distances... ;) . . . so it is like mini,mini,mini most of the time imo :)

/yak