Re-Opened discussion about 136

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hardcore

(Taki)
Jun 8, 2001
Germany
Okay... a bit constructive discussion about 136 now.
just to avoid the other thread being spammed to death.

My Part:

@ Laggy feeling
^^ gone in 136a and 136b for me.
before (test versions) it felt a bit worse for me too, yes.
was only the moving somehow tho. i reported it to the team and i think they changed something in the dodge-lock protection. then it was gone i think.

@ Increased loading time
^^should be gone in 136b as (if you disable smilies etc.) the extra code aint loaded/exectued at all.

@ Increased connecting time
^^it is about 1sec max i think...
if at all

@ Increased client verification time
^^2-5secs max! that is 0,14% of the time you spend on a server when you play for one hour...

@ golgo books
^^ well... 136 will make half of the people here think that 136 roxx because of that.

Reactions: Cratos
Hardcore said:
Okay... a bit constructive discussion about 136 now.
just to avoid the other thread being spammed to death.

My Part:

@ Laggy feeling
^^ gone in 136a and 136b for me.
before (test versions) it felt a bit worse for me too, yes.
was only the moving somehow tho. i reported it to the team and i think they changed something in the dodge-lock protection. then it was gone i think.

@ Increased loading time
^^should be gone in 136b as (if you disable smilies etc.) the extra code aint loaded/exectued at all.

^^it is about 1sec max i think...
if at all

^^2-5secs max! that is 0,14% of the time you spend on a server when you play for one hour...

@ golgo books
^^ well... 136 will make half of the people here think that 136 roxx because of that.

@ Laggy feeling

Tbh, game in 136 works much better i mean smothness, in 135 i had strange fps jumpo :|
Minigun is kinda good, as 136 should set tickrate to 20? if i remember correctly.. but still miniguin on Nil server is WAY stronger while tickrate is 20.
If we talking about ping in 136... Well i play CTF with UT PURE installed, and i got on those servers lets say German ones 95 F6, on DFP and AAK i got 130 F6.
In 135 i used to have ping 85 F6 on all NL servers now i got 120 :(
Somehow 136 increase pings, maybe its that security. Anyways just my point of view here ;)

@ Increased loading time

Still... game is loading too long.

Too long for me, i know that cause of this security..

@ golgo books

Im pretty happy that books are removed but now i dont mind if they gonna back someday :P
Golgotha in Pro is crappest map ever for some of Pro ppl.

Not sure but the tiw could do more damage on assault than 136 did, sometimes mini really feels ok, and sometimes its just bs :p adding books at pro its a good idea tbh, that belt is useless...

Masterr if u want tiw go play DM :p:

I will never vote for tiw here EVER! it will turn assault into sniper arena, and on that instance ill be going to play iCTF :p: instead, look to change the mini, change the tickrate ... simple and dont tell me its not cus ive played with it on fdc server which is server 2 ( same box ).

As for loading times its a bit longer yeh, but less cheaters and botters like raichu are on them :p: :p: :p:.

Although i have seen one or two aim bots in the last few weeks so theres new hacks already for 136.

I don't agree with TIW also, if you play with hitsounds and have TIW on you notice how crappy it feels, like you can have the mini directly on someone and you here 2 hitsounds, very crap, all depends on the rickrate and tiw I guess

My Part:

@ Laggy feeling
^^ There in 136a but vanished in 136b. I prefer it to 135c.

@ Increased loading time
^^No change except on ballistic which I've always got for some reason.

^^I get this and sometimes a hang on connecting but it's rare. Connecting is usually quick but can be up to 5 seconds.

^^Not experienced this personally.

@ golgo books
^^ :(. Certainly changes the style of defending. No more hurons, sigetower and dungeon within 5 seconds of each other.

@ Random Checksum Failiures
^^ :(. Really annoying but fortunatley very rare.

In conclusion, 136a was a step back from 135c in gameplay aspects but 136b took two steps forwards :D.

-=Dark_Shadow=- said:
@ golgo books
^^ :(. Certainly changes the style of defending. No more hurons, sigetower and dungeon within 5 seconds of each other.

You know ppl played for over 2 years (?) with books and sometimes defended golgo full time.

AnTi said:
You know ppl played for over 2 years (?) with books and sometimes defended golgo full time.
well obviously vs decent def they aren't gonna do it that quick every time are they? :rolleyes:

thats coz books could be removed, then u would be stuck attacking hurons. but anyway i think its ok with shieldbelt, if u do a nice team attack and have ur best players with the sb, then its quite doable (not easy tho)

the minigun is indeed bullshit, on one server it's ok and on the other you can just shoot and turn around and you got a monsterkill... was better before leagueas tried to make it the same for all servers, because it obviously doesn't work at all and makes it even more complicated as it is now.

about the lag i still think the same way: better predictable lag than lag that comes and goes within a map..

anyway, the idea was good and i would suggest to try and make it perfect instead of going back. but PLEASE, in the next version only do bugfixes and cheat protection.

Last edited:
the minigun is indeed bullshit, on one server it's ok and on the other you can just shoot and turn around and you got a monsterkill... was better before leagueas tried to make it the same for all servers, because it obviously doesn't work at all and makes it even more complicated as it is now.

Lol its the same fs... we didnt change it at all. I challenge anyone to find ONE server where mini would perform differently in 136 compared to 135 or normal assault at the same tickrate.

Since the other thread died out i am gonna take the liberty of quoting myself here:

@minigun:

Did a little retesting of the minigun

emptying a minigun with 999 bullets took on winxp server

at tickrate 23: 84 secs in 136 .... 83 secs in normal assault
at tickrate 22: 86 secs in 136 .... 87 secs in normal assault
at tickrate 21: 88 secs in 136 .... 89 secs in normal assault
at tickrate 20: 52 secs in 136 .... 52 secs in normal assault
at tickrate 19: 55 secs in 136 .... 55 secs in normal assault
at tickrate 18: 56 secs in 136 .... 56 secs in normal assault

All league servers are afaik set to run at tickrate 20 and since all servers dont stick equally well to the assigned tickrate mini power will obviously vary alot.

We did attempt to add a tiw minigun but in the end noone could agree what the "right" power of mini should be so we decided to leave it as has always been.

I dunno if servers tick differently today than they used to but I seriously doubt youll find any server where the mini in 136 would be weaker/stronger than if you played 135 or normal assault with same tickrate.

@Cheatprotection:

It is still very much possible to detect and block cheats, the new ones too and we dont usually announce when we update and what is detected. The ppl who got bans in the past for cheating didnt know they had been caught until they were notified by an admin.

@'lite' version

Well smiles can be disabled and removed. If you dont enable them they are not loaded to memory. Although the 136 file is much larger than the 135 file most of the code run only once at startup.

@server crashing

I havent noticed any additional crashing in 136, at least not in the matches that i played. Psy never mentioned an increased number of crashes and he if anyone should have noticed a difference since it would have meant a much greater workload for him sorting servers.

@weird server setups lately

Similar problems occurred with 135, but without Psy the primary server "doctor" the problem has persisted quite a while cause noone atm knows what settings cause it.

Ice said:
Totally agree, 'new' mini makes all other weapons feel useless, it was way better before the 'fix' :mad:

strange that some people still find a difference with the minigun (including me) :rolleyes: something has changed. well i won't complain, but... you know :chase:

Ice said:
Maybe there's been a bit of confusion over this whole subject... but what you just stated there Ice is perfectly correct (and this has always been the case, even with older leagueas versions)....

This is what 136 originally was supposed to fix (remember the various betas we went through?); since no-one could agree on a "perfect" power-rate for the minigun, the "fixed" minigun was removed.

but indeed, on sum server u hold firebutton for 1 sec and the opponent dies...fs redicolous !
on other servers u run behind one ahd shoot...and shoot...pump him full of bullets...he wont die....then he turns around and kills you! wtf is this? Where is the balance?

/yak :)

Reactions: '//3iRd(o)
^yako^ said:
wtf is this? Where is the balance?

/yak :)
As I mentioned in the other thread; this is entirely down to what type of server it is; on what kernel/o.s and how it has been set up. (read: Tickrates+kernel timings!)

The balance is with TIW. But it was rejected due to no-one agreeing on what it should be.

Funny how no-one wants to accept TIW, yet the majority of people moan that it is now unbalanced.