Radeon ATI 8500

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Wan

Jun 11, 2001
Scotland
Does anyone know if it is anygood i am thinking of a new GC for my b'day and crimbo pressie to myself.

I have read on Toms hardware guide that the 8500 almost matches the GF3 Ti500's performance generally and beats it in one category at almost 100 green sheets less (yes green sheets cause we still got them back home, i might bring down a fucking bucket load to confuse ppl at the checkouts, maybe even a ton note to really get them going :D ).

Any views would be jubbly

Dont bother to reply to this one boys. I just put it on the main Utass forum too to get a better view (i hope) from the peeps out there.

to set things straight i thought 10 ppl who prob dont have a 8500 it would be pointless having it on our forum. So let all the others out there to say what they think shite good brilliant. Whatever.

I went to charm school btw

Is that a quote from Harry Enfield's 'The Life and Times of Sir Norbert Smith'?

Melvyn Bragg asking greasy-haired, nose-picking interviewee 'So...you used to run a charm school?'

Old spam

New graphics card Andy?

Go-on tell us, are you going for the ATI card or an Nvidia 500 ultra?

my bonus cheque hasnt come in yet ffs. so dont know what i will be getting. by the time we do there will be something new out that i want

so u did not buy the card wan?

i am thinking to buy the card aswell, i just saw it a m8 his place, and really it is a f*king fast card. It really can compete against the gf3, and besides that the 2D features are much better.