Question about the UT2k4 Screenshots

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
I have a question about the UT2k4 League screenshots posted by Martz.
Why is there no "UTA" name or something similar?
Why doesnt it look similar to the old UTA league?
Will it count as a totally seperate Leauge?
If the leagues wouldn´t be seperated so much, wouldnt there be a higher chance to get some of the new joining ppl to play some UT99 AS aswell?
Just wondering because all i could find was the gamesservers.net logo that looked familiar... and the name "Join Fraghub.net Leauge"... dont sound as good as "Join UTAssault.net League".

Felerian said:
the name "Join Fraghub.net Leauge"... dont sound as good as "Join UTAssault.net League".

In your opinion :P

afaik, yes, Fraghub.net is completely separate to UtAssault.net. (different owners and developers for a start although community forums are shared atm so there's clearly a relationship between the two) As for eveything else, well it does look similar to UTA (with updated graphics) and the whole site appears to operate in a *similar* way to UTassault.

I think you're being exceptionally hopefull if you think theres gonna be a major crossover between 99 and 2k4 players.....the most likely path is 99-->2k4 but very unlikely (imho) that you'll get many 2k4 players deciding to take up a 5 year old game.

Id agree with gringo you may get few going UT99<---2k4 just outta curiosity etc but probs not AS and majority going ut99--->2k4 if any movement happens :crazy:

I'd have to agree that utassault.net sounds better than fraghub.net.

... I mean... fraghub... wtf is that? Some fucking deathmatch league?

Humph said:
I'd have to agree that utassault.net sounds better than fraghub.net.

... I mean... fraghub... wtf is that? Some fucking deathmatch league?
I suppose we could call it

-> Objectivehub.net
-> Nodehub.net
-> Powercorehub.net
-> utassaultandonslaught.net
-> ...

All in all, 'frag' is what is essential in any of the gamemodes featured.
And as doh pointed out, you can't call it utassault.net when it isn't only the Assault mod that is being played there.
utassault.net only plays (to your surprise) assault, therefore the name fits perfectly well for it.