QFire Assault

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
Stands for QuickFire Assault!

qfs_logo.gif

What is it?
Quite simply its a group of four teams, who all play each other once.
Heres the important and fun stuff!!
  • Each match is only 2 maps
  • You gain one point for each map you win
  • Its all played in one evening and will take about 2hrs 30mins total (as long as people dont AFK)

Event Details:
Event Date: Sunday 13th March 20GMT
No Of Teams: 4
No Of Players: 16 (4 per team), can make it 20(5 per team) if people actually turn up!!!
Made a small webpage so its easier to track whats going on during the day of the event: http://www.blameulv.com/QFAS/index.php

Team A,Team B,Team C,Team D

Order of Play:
A vs B [Ballistic, Desertstorm]
A vs C [Autorip, AsthenosphereSE]
D vs C [Bridge, Golgotha][AL]
D vs B [Mazon, Autorip]
B vs C [Lavafort][, GolgothaAL]
A vs D [Riverbed3, SubmarineBase]

Heres the twist!
- The two highest ranked teams* at the end of these 6 games will play each other! - in 2 x 2v2 matches [*any tied teams are decided by coin toss!]
- Its up to each team to decide how they will pair up for the 2 matches

Example:
Team A and Team B came top of the table after the 6 matches.

Team A: Wish, Salva, Pogo, Hudson
Team B: Twnz, XB, Prom, NoMercy

Team A: Puts forward Wish and Salva For Match 1
Team A: Puts forward Pogo and Hudson For Match 2

Team B: Puts forward Twnz and XB For Match 1
Team B: Puts forward Prom and NoMercy for Match 2

Team A beats Team B in Match 1 - 2-0
Team B and A tie Match 2 - 1-1

Result = Team A wins the tournament! 3-1

P.S I am aware that it can end in a draw, if that's the case we use the group table to decide the winners. If the group table was also a draw then we just conclude both teams are winners!

Alternatively! - You can agree on a 1x fair 2v2!

Signups:
  • XB
  • HTML
  • Sleepy
  • Ulv
  • Meteor
  • Fury
  • Jer
  • Sphere
  • DJ
  • Lucy
  • Promax
  • Axl
  • Useless
  • Cyborg
  • Phoboss
  • Free
  • Weezy
  • Jaybone
  • Dirz
  • Hudson

So far 17 signups

Last edited:
Seems a bit odd to come up with this innovative way of playing to capture the attention of 16-20 players to then conclude it by inevitably having the same 4-5 people that play every final of every competition playing each other in yet another 2v2. But if thats what you kids want then enjoy!

Seems a bit odd to come up with this innovative way of playing to capture the attention of 16-20 players to then conclude it by inevitably having the same 4-5 people that play every final of every competition playing each other in yet another 2v2. But if thats what you kids want then enjoy!

or we could just stop at end of the 6 games? and what an anti climax that would be. This is way better for spectators. Guess there's always one to complain about everything!

or we could just stop at end of the 6 games? and what an anti climax that would be. This is way better for spectators. Guess there's always one to complain about everything!

Guess so. Incidentally, how did you like Survivor #4, XB? Enjoy it?

:rolleyes:

I'll wait to see who else signs up and then probably sign up. Sounds fun. We need more stuff like this.

Guess so. Incidentally, how did you like Survivor #4, XB? Enjoy it?

:rolleyes:

I'll wait to see who else signs up and then probably sign up. Sounds fun. We need more stuff like this.

You know i didn't like it - hence making a revised system that removes luck factor. Some of us actually do stuff about the things we don't like!

p.s i edited the end part. Its now 2x 2v2.