PSP or Nintendo DS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cutter

Carbon Allotrope
Oct 8, 2001
I'm thinking of purchasing either the PSP or the Nintendo DS. I've read up reviews on the two online, but can anyone speak from owning either or both as to which they think is the better buy?

Specifically interested in hearing about things like battery life, dead pixels, load times of games, how scratch resistant are the cases and similar things! At the moment I'm leaning towards the PSP as I see you can get Lemmings for it! :D

Thanks in advance!

yeh my bro has got a DS....he is very satisfied with it...but I cant say anything how good or bad the PSP is, so I cant compare em now...but for now DS is quite funny thing :)

I had a psp and my sisters friend got a DS. I don't think you can compare them. PSP is visually more impressive, DS is gameplaywise more impressive...
really depends on what kind of games you like

Heres some advise from someone who owned a DS and owns a PSP.

I bought my DS when it first came out bought some good games too! Although didnt find enough interesting games, so i sold it within a few months and bought a PSP when it came out!

However the PSP was great at the start with better graphics and fun games! Nice interface too! However gradually shitter games come out and so much so, that now i dont even play it! I have downgraded it to Homebrew, but havent picked it up in months! More of an expensive brick than anything else now!

If you want fun, interesting, new ideas for games buy the DS. If you want a shiny interface. dull games or homebrew buy a PSP. Even sony have stated that they have not been offering enough content for gamers on it! It feels we got sold out as soon as six months passed!! However they are now trying to get the PSP back to life! It has so much potential, but just lacks in every department.

Edit - Also if you consider owning a PS3 then great, but if not - they may give us access to demos soon via web, but i doubt it!

Last edited:
I would have to say DS > PSP as well here.
Trauma Center is the most godly game ever to hit a handheld imo :D
Shame I sold mine for several reasons (I was actually planning on getting a DS lite later, never got to that :()

i just bought me a PSP 2 weeks ago for playing Bboy the Game. Actual i love the game and i'm satisfied with my PSP. The games coming out for PSP are a lot f.e. PES 6 (Rated as best handheld game for PSP) or soon Metal Gear Solid coming out only for PSP. Well i like it and i won't buy a DS coz the games ur able to buy for it are more less then for PSP..