Ps3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've checked digg for some stories... not a single story about PS3 success in EU, all the launches failed in the sense no hype or crazyness (like for example the Wii).

Maybe because Sony have actually calculated the number of required units correctly and ensured there is enough available instead of seriously underestimating the demand like the noobs at Nintendo did but lets release it anyway to get our names in the papers. Shameless free advertising.

And sure its expensive but how much is a Blu-Ray standalone movie player going to cost you? Add that to the fact its a fkin sweet console and has Gran Turismo = FTW. I'm not going to buy one because I'm not really into console but if I was I'd sure as hell buy that instead of the kiddie shit Wii, lets play tennis, sure novelty value for about 10 minutes until u realise ... playing tennis is real life is more fun!!! :rofl:

Maybe because Sony have actually calculated the number of required units correctly and ensured there is enough available instead of seriously underestimating the demand like the noobs at Nintendo did but lets release it anyway to get our names in the papers. Shameless free advertising.

And sure its expensive but how much is a Blu-Ray standalone movie player going to cost you? Add that to the fact its a fkin sweet console and has Gran Turismo = FTW. I'm not going to buy one because I'm not really into console but if I was I'd sure as hell buy that instead of the kiddie shit Wii, lets play tennis, sure novelty value for about 10 minutes until u realise ... playing tennis is real life is more fun!!! :rofl:

Nintendo didnt underestimate the demand, they've sold over 5 million consoles in a bit less than 4 months. Upping production isn't easy.
I don't care for blue-ray. They are just jamming blu-ray down the throat of gamers.
Kiddy shit for the Wii?
Already released:
Red Steel - screenies: 1, 2, 3

A few games coming to the Wii:
Manhunt 2 - Pretty much a snuff game (screenies of part 1: 1, 2, 3), True murder simulator?
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - I doubt a Godfather game would need much explanation, pics with controls

Also blood/gore etc isn't needed for fun, gameplay matters.
But I'm sure you'll now go "murdering is fun, but after 10 minutes you realise murdering in real life is more fun"

Im with lex on this, gameplay matters for me. We always have great fun playing a couple of tennis games against each other while having a beer in the other hand.

How do you know that sony calculated the amounts of ps3s they needed? I could aswell be lack of interest so it looks like they got enuff ready to be sold. Nintendo is gonna up the production of Wii's anyway.

Im with lex on this, gameplay matters for me. We always have great fun playing a couple of tennis games against each other while having a beer in the other hand.

How do you know that sony calculated the amounts of ps3s they needed? I could aswell be lack of interest so it looks like they got enuff ready to be sold. Nintendo is gonna up the production of Wii's anyway.

:nod:

061012.jpg

Nintendo didnt underestimate the demand, they've sold over 5 million consoles in a bit less than 4 months. Upping production isn't easy.
I don't care for blue-ray. They are just jamming blu-ray down the throat of gamers.
Kiddy shit for the Wii?
Already released:
Red Steel - screenies: 1, 2, 3

A few games coming to the Wii:
Manhunt 2 - Pretty much a snuff game (screenies of part 1: 1, 2, 3), True murder simulator?
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - I doubt a Godfather game would need much explanation, pics with controls

Also blood/gore etc isn't needed for fun, gameplay matters.
But I'm sure you'll now go "murdering is fun, but after 10 minutes you realise murdering in real life is more fun"

Why play games like that on a console when u can play them on a PC with better controllability, better graphics? Consoles are only better for racing games which the PS3 has GT5 much better than anything on Wii. The only reason I would possibly want a Wii for would be Zelda or Sonic i.e. kiddy game ;)

upping production is hard, meaning nintendo have bad planning, released to early, or really underestimated demand which is a very big mistake in a corporation that size. You say "you cant predict demand" but people in Nintendo get empolyed EXACTLY for that so they can maximize profit. If it was my company and I couldnt meet demand, people would be getting fired. Everytime someone couldnt get one the company are losing money.

As for Blu Ray, it's the future, maybe not in its current form but its going to get phased in exactly the same way DVD did to make money from consumers. Now how many of us have DVD drives? I'm sure there are at least 3 in most peoples houses. I understand your bias as you bought a Wii and thats your decision, but if it was my money I would have waited for PS3.

Why play games like that on a console when u can play them on a PC with better controllability, better graphics? Consoles are only better for racing games which the PS3 has GT5 much better than anything on Wii. The only reason I would possibly want a Wii for would be Zelda or Sonic i.e. kiddy game ;)

upping production is hard, meaning nintendo have bad planning, released to early, or really underestimated demand which is a very big mistake in a corporation that size. You say "you cant predict demand" but people in Nintendo get empolyed EXACTLY for that so they can maximize profit. If it was my company and I couldnt meet demand, people would be getting fired. Everytime someone couldnt get one the company are losing money.

As for Blu Ray, it's the future, maybe not in its current form but its going to get phased in exactly the same way DVD did to make money from consumers. Now how many of us have DVD drives? I'm sure there are at least 3 in most peoples houses. I understand your bias as you bought a Wii and thats your decision, but if it was my money I would have waited for PS3.

Better controls? Sorry but if I'm playing manhunt or godfather I rather make some choking or slapping movements than press a mousebutton. Also if PC > Console, why root for the PS3?
Bad planning? IF anyone is guilty of bad planning it is Sony and you fuckin' well know that.
Blu ray the future? Yeah, just ditch HD-DVD as a possible winner, only time will tell.

I bought a Wii for _fun_ and it's giving me exactly that. Wether I play alone or get some friends together and play (it's an excellent party system). I play PC games for 1337 graphics n all that. The Xbox360 and PS3 imo are competing with eachother and computer aswell. And they'll never beat a computer.

600 euros for a console? insane.
In this price, there aint even one game included and old PS2 games run in a bad quality.
Another proof that there are too many people in europe and the US with too much money in their hands.

Ah well, i bet the same nerds who bought a PS3 for 600 Euros, bought Vista Ultimate edition for 530 euros 3 months ago :rolleyes:

edit: oh and ofc the same people are crying out loud if the petrol price raised 5 cents :thumb:

Last edited:
Better controls? Sorry but if I'm playing manhunt or godfather I rather make some choking or slapping movements than press a mousebutton. Also if PC > Console, why root for the PS3?
Bad planning? IF anyone is guilty of bad planning it is Sony and you fuckin' well know that.
Blu ray the future? Yeah, just ditch HD-DVD as a possible winner, only time will tell.

I bought a Wii for _fun_ and it's giving me exactly that. Wether I play alone or get some friends together and play (it's an excellent party system). I play PC games for 1337 graphics n all that. The Xbox360 and PS3 imo are competing with eachother and computer aswell. And they'll never beat a computer.

wow take a chill pill its only a console and my opinion differs from yours.

The reason of the lack of Wii's available was basicly the fault of a few other companies that manufactured components for the Wii. But I think it was still a little underestimated on how good the Wii would be sold aswell.

It wont be the future, nor is HD-DVD. The future is no dvds or cds or whatever. Atleast if I can believe my bro. lol