Problem with port scan

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bossk

spammer extrordinare
May 30, 2002
Shangri-la
I got a problem when connecting to utassault irc network. While portscanning when connecting my firewalls automatically blocks everything from th eip for bout 20 minutes. Now it used to work with my firewall because i added the server ip to trustable networks and firewall shouldnt block anything from this ip however (i havent used IRC for 2 weeks) it's not working right now. Bit curious because sometimes its working and 5 minutes later it doesnt. Any help would be appreciated, but don't tell me to turn of my firewall :P

Your firewall seems pretty restrictive then.. Anyway, the server that our scanner runs on have changed within like 2 weeks, so you need to add the new ip to trusted ips (213.232.94.136)

Thats what I did, I also added new IP but still happens from time to time. Does seem to happen randomly when I connect, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Does it happen before you even connect? Because if thats the case it cant be the port scan as the scan ony starts after you have connected.. Anyway, you could try connect to the american server gotlag.tx.us.worldassault.com or maybe infinitegames.uk.eu.worldassault.com although this should have expired, so blocking the scanner shouldnt have any effect

Well I start mIRC, then click on the connect icon, then my firewall blocks it. So it's only after I try to connect but like said sometimes it works :confused:
However a server called "gotlag" doesn't sound too good :scared:
Anyway thx 4 help so far.

If i understand you right, your firewall blocks YOUR connection attempt even before you get connected.. that means the port scan has nothing to do with it, and that your firewall for some unknown reason is blocking outgoing connections... no firewall needs to do that, unless you want to restrict yourself..
Gotlag is a fine server, dont judge something before you have tried it

got the same problem
when i wanne contect with irc
firewall blocks it
but i shut down firewall and when i'm connected to the servers i want, i reactivat firewall and then it works fine