Prediction - EngII vs .pl

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
EngII vs .pl Match server #1 20:00 GMT 15/7/07

England is likely going to field Zanmato, Rodrigo, Sphere, Silence Vitzy and perhaps IIris

Poland will possibly field Brajan, Toma, Cirek, Byku and Kosa.

England has gotten to the 2nd-tier finals via victories over Nl3, Austria, and a thrilling win over [NA]

Poland on the other hand has reached the finals via a series of forfeits... England certainly stands the advantage in IAC experience.

England will have a definite ping advantage on this server, prodiging their NTL customers are treated nicely by their provider. Poland really does have an advantage here in the fact that they play together all the time, not only in the same Assault clan atP, but also in CTF and other mods. The players know each other and their playing styles well, but part of the drawback of playing other mods is that they're not as accustomed to Assault as some other players are, as you can see in recent atP ProAS match reports, however I believe their teamplay and assaulting skills will be one of the deciding factors in this match.
England has a similar situation: Zanmato and Rodrigo have played together for many years and Sphere and Zanmato are in the same StdAS clan as well. Silence and Vitzy are two players who follow tactics very well and have great comms, and the overall England teamwork almost compares to atP's teamplay.

Both England and Poland are strong fragging teams, but I think in the end England has stronger fraggers and that will be key, especially on defense. Poland has stronger launching potential, whether they utilize that and are able to overcome England's defense will be the decisive element in this match in my opinion.

The maplist today is: AutoRIP Bridge DesertStorm Desolate][ GolgothaAL Golgotha][AL Siege][ ... twice each (gjob editing maps) and I think overall the maplist is relatively even. England will have the advantages on Desolate, GolgothaAL I believe and Poland will have a better chance on Golgotha][AL and Seige][. Desertstorm, AutoRIP and Bridge should be too close to call.

Overall, I think this match will be very close and very well-fought and I wish both teams the best of luck. It's too close for me to call.

i don't get it ... why everyone thinks that poland has strong launching potential (same thing in bartios prediction). WE DON'T :lol:. Most of maps lost were lost by ENG launching. Most maps won by poland was won by strong fire power using normal way without launching or with very simple ones.

Server was crap and date as well. Most of our team was watching semi final match brasil vs poland in volley-ball in tv so not much usefull comms for the first 4-5 maps. When volley-ball was over they finally started to play which gave us some comback with maps.

If not 6packs and flacks flying thou the ppl this match would be really nice. Eng played great with their launches.

Congratz!

EDIT:
CTF skill is a bit of disadvantage in AS. Not much of a use of only fraggers if they can't take/make launches or follow simple assault tacts.

Last edited:
Volleyball? That's a clever excuse :P ggs and well pld, sorry this prediction didn't get out till late.