POS.. booting v440 users

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

anus

Apr 5, 2003
POS.. booting v440 users (AND NOW v451 USERS)

Maybe you guys might wanna fix your POS mod so that it doesn't boot users who have applied the UT v440 patch. Eh?

http://www.utpg.org/

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words :lol:

440 wasn't around when LeagueAS was released, LeagueAS checks all the standard UT packages for hacks, since the 440 packages are just modified versions of the other packages they will be detected as hacks.

If you wanna use v440 with LeagueAS, just switch off the built in CSHP :)

Nah.. League Assault has some sort of gay built in version check.. kind of like "if (clientver != 432 || clientver != 436) kickwithupgrademessage". So when a 440 user connects it kicks them and tells them to upgrade to 432 or 436.

I've tested the 440 patch myself and it works on all other servers, including Pure/CSHP servers.

Originally posted by anus
Nah.. League Assault has some sort of gay built in version check.. kind of like "if (clientver != 432 || clientver != 436) kickwithupgrademessage". So when a 440 user connects it kicks them and tells them to upgrade to 432 or 436.

I've tested the 440 patch myself and it works on all other servers, including Pure/CSHP servers.

well the 440 patch is a serverside only install.. so no point in installing it on ur client install. imo it's not really smart to use 1 installation for a client and a (or more) server(s) .. if ur using a server installation as a client as well u keep downloading stuff whenever u join a dodgy server and thus also making changes to ur server installation as well..

but ofcourse there will be future client side patches as well so this part needs a bit fixing aye.. tho not really important NOW.. :)

what do you suggest then?
if there are still bugs/lag...?

should one install the patches on servers or better leave them alone for the moment?

I think the 440 patch was mainly brought out to stop hackers using UT servers to launch DoS attacks (I've heard that it's a problem inherent to all games that are linked to the Gamespy system), so it seems like an important fix for servers.

It's up to server admins to decide if they want to install the patch or not. It is certain that current versions might have a few bugs so it's best to wait a bit for some newer versions to come out (btw, I've only seen v4.40 and I have no idea where v4.49 comes from :P). On client-side, There is a certain amount of lag on the servers that have the new version installed and a solution would be to install the patch but it's probably a good idea to stick with v4.36 until the majority of servers you go to have made the switch (which a lot of servers will probably do).

UT patch 451 has just been officially released, and it's a client side patch..

Come on! When is a LA fix gunna be released?

Not in the near future, the next version, 136a, will be released in a few days and it won't be compatible with 451, I won't be doing any versions after that, so when a 451 compatible version will emerge I can't say.

Well thats a big problem then ?

means alot of people wont be able to play on league servers if they have the patch installed which alot of people alreayd have...

u can run on 436 servers if u have latest pure which is utpurerc6 i think tho...

and swapping between 436 and 451 system folders is'nt really a solution.

Well my best advice is don't install the patch yet, or run your LeagueAS servers on 451 with CSHP disabled (I'm pretty sure thats where the incompatibility is).

Jolt are planning to upgrade our {R-C}server to 451 as part of a new system. :eek:

I have asked them if we can stick with v436 but if we cant at least I now know we can run the mod without cshp. the only further problem is that this means we cant use it for matches without the cheat protection, just then for private clan use (unless we go down the Pure route but although Pure might let us reopen to the public, it aint permitted for league matches anyway is it?)

I know you've been saying the future of LeagueAS is a bit uncertain but pls pls pls can anyone do something to make it totally compatible with v451?

I'm presuming almost all pubby servers are going to upgrade to 451 which i think means if we're still on 436 for the purpose of this league there are going to be lots of compatibility issues for players in the community who play other gametypes than Assault which will be running 451.

and btw :clap: for the great job thus far and continuing efforts :D