Poll on a Point System [Read on]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Enforce a Point System of some sort?

• Yes im in favour of a 'Limited' Point system

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No i dont like this idea

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't really mind.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
One of the ideas i have is a point system within the guild.

Basically this isn't a hardcore evaluation of players and how many raids and instances they go on. But more a way to make it fair for those that noticably take more of an active roll.

Let me explain;

If alot of you who are online play alot, go on instances with the guild members often, you are trying to gain your set class items. This system will basically allow you to gain a set item, over another member of your class, depending how much instances you do (WITH the guild).

For example, member X ( a mage) , goes with the guild every day on several guild instances, has no luck with thier magister gear. Then, another member who plays not as much comes along, thier first or 2nd run and out rolls mage X who has been going countless times to gain that item. This system will allow that member to use his 'points' to gain that item before the other mage.

If that member wins an item using the points he has gained, his points are reduced to zero. Also the rule of gain one blue, pass on other blues, will apply to him. Meaning, if on the same run, 2 magister gears drop. He or she will not be entitled to roll on the 2nd magister gear.

The value of 'points' is basically non existant. Its basically points which operational members (who generally are the most active within the guild) have noticed.

I believe in some guilds, they actually count the number of times each member has done a certain raid instance with the guild. I think thats going to far personally. Members that dont play as much and want gear should also get that privaledge to roll on set items. However to be fair for those that play alot and are unlucky, a limited version of the point system should be enforced.

Please post your comments and view on this issue and also use the poll above.

--Shiraz

Last edited:
i havent voted yet....but i was thinking...the high lvl guys 55-60 go way more to instances and elite caves then the lower people and the percentage of lvl 60's is quite big i think around 30-40 percent is lvl 60....but back to the point
since the large amount of 60's you guys go to way more instances, ive never been with the guild in an instance since there are always only 2-3 people of my lvl online and i cant go with the higher ones since im to low lvl (ATM im 42)
so how does that works? we cant get points cause we're to low and have a smaller amount of people to go in instances...=)

The way Shiraz describes the point system, I'm in favour. As an addition I think that points should not only be given based on the frequency of visiting instances, but on all other guild related helping aspects. That will create an incentive for everyone to put even more time in helping eachother within this guild. :)

Connect the Point System to the Ranking System and I think you're done. :)
People who contribute a lot to our guild get a higher rank and should therefor get more points for the end set items. :)

Yuma - Son of Chief
Centurion of the Red Moon Guild

Last edited:
The top level players will rack up more points as they dont have levling to worry about, and as such will claim most of the set items they need, then as they hone their gear they will be much more likely to pass on good items for less active members as they will want a specific piece to finish their set off.
the reason the points will be a limited feature is that it will be apparent who puts the most effort in, and everyone will end up with gear they need at that particular time anyway.
i for one would pass on the devout gear for senior priests, and then benefit from their help (as they seek higher items) in attaining my gear a few days later.

it guards less active members as they will have senior members instancing with them often to build up credit.
it guards more active members as they can almost 'reserve' an item they really need.

I mostly agree with this point system, altho Yuma has a good arguement that racking up points should also be possible by helping out guild members in other situations, for example, a lvl 50ish helping to bash a lvl 20ish through WC.

I think you shouldnt be able to obtain points by participating in raids, because raiding isnt related to high profile gear in any kind of way.

Apart from these two points, my vote is a Yes.

Tardos

you guys considering DKP?

ill see if i can find a site that we can copy the structure from for that.
For endgame raids its probably the "fairest" but will annoy a lot of people im sure... holding out on votes.

http://www.afraidyet.net/dkp/viewnews.php

the other site that i had in mind to explain a possible DKP system i couldnt find/access now :(

ill keep searching as there are variables on how to do this sort of thing.

edited to add example DKP table:

Name| Class |DKP| Item DKP| Total DKP

Crybaby| Priest| 1.00 |0.00| 1.00
Golly |Rogue |1.00 |0.00| 1.00
Lelani |Druid| 0.50| 0.00| 0.50
Miretta| Warlock| 1.00 |0.00| 1.00
Moonie |Mage |1.00 |0.00 |1.00
Raymarden |Warrior| 1.00 |0.00 |1.00
Roland |Paladin| 1.00| 0.00| 1.00

Last edited:
I don't know how to vote on this..
Say I'm with another Rogue in a raid that misses 1 piece in his set (just hypotheticly), and the set piece drops and he already rolled on one blue? For me it is: "Freaking Nice! U have the whole set!" or should it be : "No, NN joined teh instance more often than u and he only have 3/8 of the set, it's his". Or just another hyphothesis, what if domebody have an alt,a nd just crap gear that noone needs, but his alt need drops?
No critisicm but not just sure how to vote..

i think it can be a little unfair, some ppls have less time to play at night, more during day, meaning they will probably do less instances since during the day less ppl are online. Still not fair he cant have his set items then on the nights he manages to get on.

(just some silly example but i guess ull get the point)

Imsi said:
I don't know how to vote on this..
Say I'm with another Rogue in a raid that misses 1 piece in his set (just hypotheticly), and the set piece drops and he already rolled on one blue? For me it is: "Freaking Nice! U have the whole set!" or should it be : "No, NN joined teh instance more often than u and he only have 3/8 of the set, it's his".

Set items can be BoE or BoP. http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=53134 describes the rules in these two situations:

1. Blue BoE item:

Roll on all Blue BoE items. If someone mentions they require that item. That item will be given to them.
In the event that more than one person requires the item. A random 100 will be performed to determine the winner.
If you win a blue item, you should not roll on another.

2. Blue BoP item:

For BoP Blue items, people who do not require should pass. If more than one person requires the item, a roll will be carried out.
If you have previously won a Blue Item, BOP or BOE, you shall be expected to pass.

So in both cases (BoE and BoP) you will get the set piece, because the other person already won a blue item.

In the hypothetic case when both of you haven't won a blue item yet, that's where the Point System comes in.
If you have more points than the other person, you will have the right to claim the item. If he has more points, the item goes to him.

Imsi said:
Or just another hyphothesis, what if domebody have an alt,a nd just crap gear that noone needs, but his alt need drops?
No critisicm but not just sure how to vote..

As far as I know there aren't any rules yet about alts. I think though that each alt should be treated as a new player, which means that the alt should build up points too.

Yuma - Son of Chief

Last edited:
etOH said:
i think it can be a little unfair, some ppls have less time to play at night, more during day, meaning they will probably do less instances since during the day less ppl are online. Still not fair he cant have his set items then on the nights he manages to get on.

(just some silly example but i guess ull get the point)

You have a point. That's why I suggest that we should be able to earn points in other ways too.
Each aspect that contributes to the guild should be rewarded, not only high lvl instance runs and raids.
Not all of us are lvl 60 ;)

Yuma - Son of Chief

i agree with eToH(vacca) ...since we both live in this country i think we have the same problem...i cant play over night..i gotta sleep ;) atm i dont have problems between 9 am and 12 pm (9:00-24:00) anyone got a sollution? maybe find a time where all can be online at a time

oh i was a bit to late with my post :P that thing about other lvls yuma, you got that right too :)

sounds like a sort of point system would be good, but something with our own thing added in to aid those not able to grind raids like students like me :P

The gaining points via different means is a pretty good idea, granted we can think of a way that is.

personally i definately want a point system in of some sort.

I'm voting agains, i of course agree on the fact that if people that are extremely unlucky should be allowed to get their set items as well.. only being unlucky or lucky happens to all of us randomly and given time might very well go from one extreme to the other. What i think is that people should just look into their own hearts and at times should decide it would be more fair to let a guildmember have the set item that just dropped since he has less and deserves it as well.
The point system basically obliges (or however u spell that) people to give away stuff. And, going back to the point i made before, this can be even MORE unfair than people being just unlucky with rolls. If the occasion should be that at that moment in time the people who want the item cant agree on who gets it, there are more then enough guild members in this guild to give a view from a different perspective on the matter.
Everyone should allways remember: Playing together is taking but more importantly giving eachother.

That just my point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.