&peer is an overbearing whore

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
<hi i make this thread html-style!!! aka mym needs to be bannananed and bug exploits need to be fix-ed!>

hi. Peer is an overbearing slimy/moldy twat and banned zyx!

IRC said:
[23:16] <o-zyx> JUST GO THERE
[23:16] * peer sets mode: +b *!*@FRAG-67AEE8D3.adsl.xs4all.nl
[23:16] * o-zyx was kicked by peer (Turn caps lock OFF!)

Also, seas_ got banned earlier for caps, Torp got banned, and Fuler got banned for bold font. That's retarded at best.

If someone is in a pug with 6v6 and is a captain and says something in bold text to get kicked, the whole pug is going to be fucked up and will need a reset causing a huge confusion/arguement and that in itself is pointless, so imo an admin needs to stop peer from being a whore. Plus it's just annoying. Things worked absolutely fine before someone changed peer to kick/ban for bold font and caps, and personally I'd like it set back.

Also all the euro's wanna 1v1 me! Lavafort is the greatest map ever!!

<./html>

Dunno who and why set it but why using CAPS, bolds and other shit like that in first place?
I'm using IRC since 1998 and i never was in need of using it? Something has changed in mean time on IRC?

:lol:

If ppl are doing it knowing what's going to happen they are doing it for the purpose then.

Oh fuck off peer now I've been banned for using caps and perhaps telling peer I'd rape it's children.

loOOOOOOOOl I GOT BANNED TO GG OROFLROFL BRJAN FIX IT GG TY AND GET RID OF THAT SCRIPT LOL but tbh keeps gimps like torp out :nod: =P

and I can totally see a use for caps. like "PUG UP!!" or something of the sort - and sometimes ppl accidentally hit caps lock or say "LOL!" and anyways I'm banned :(

I dont really see what the prob is since u get 3 warnings?

WTF are you talking about? It's an IRC bot that was set up by the admin/founder of the IRC channel & there is no 3 warnings. What is should be are just kicks, unless someone kept pissing off the admin/founder to having it set that way. :nono:
Anyone who has Ops got to manually take the bans out until the admin/founder changes the bot's function. :nod:

really what is the problem??its a good thing who in irc wants 2 c people spamming LOLOLOL x 10 and bold writing x10 ?its stupid u dont need caps to make people see what ur saying!

No, bold is used in everyones scripts, over 15 people were kicked yesterday and more than 5 banned because they got 3 warnings for different reasons. You also get kicked for saying the same thing 6 times in a row, even if hours apart. That fucked pug up last week when Rai had said lol, in the space of about 10 minutes.

Fact is, stupid fucking rules by stupid fucking admins. The spam kick, yeah fair enough but since when the fuck is bold a problem? Caps are there for a reason, to make a more valid point, why arent you allowed to use them? People like fu2 dont even deserve admin status, what a fucking joke!

And I wont be returning while there is a bunch of cocksuckers running the show.

Get it right torp

No, bold is used in everyones scripts, over 15 people were kicked yesterday and more than 5 banned because they got 3 warnings for different reasons. You also get kicked for saying the same thing 6 times in a row, even if hours apart. That fucked pug up last week when Rai had said lol, in the space of about 10 minutes.

Fact is, stupid fucking rules by stupid fucking admins. The spam kick, yeah fair enough but since when the fuck is bold a problem? Caps are there for a reason, to make a more valid point, why arent you allowed to use them? People like fu2 dont even deserve admin status, what a fucking joke!

And I wont be returning while there is a bunch of cocksuckers running the show.

Get your facts right torp................ i have no involment in the flood bot ok :) plz be more careful what you type thx.

Only irc admins and mym can edit it i think but dont quote me!

Ye if you were paying attention yesterday Torp Jim and Protocol both said they couldn't help with any of that because they didn't have any control over peer, they could just unbab people. Jim's a new admin and he's learning, he's been helpful with a lot of the problems people have had and he's done alright with his job so far but in the end we're all human, no reason to complain just yet.

Also I really think this peer thing needs to be resolved. The anti-spam was okay, but even Alias's trivia game has bold in it - she'd get banned before she figures out what happens. A lot of people's scripts have bold in them, once in a while I've seem people just use bold for whatever reason to highlight a word. Sometimes someone will say something funny and another person will say LOL! just as an automatic reaction. Even if you do get 3 warnings, you're still going to end up getting banned for that.

Another thing is, if a captain says LOL! or IDD or anything in caps they're going to get kicked and the pug is going to need reset. That screws the pug over and is guaranteed to result in a 15 minute arguement 90% of the time. No one wants that or needs it.

The PUG is one of the last things keeping the league alive imo, and I'm sure many others would agree. The overbearing rules which are now in place are just going to discourage people from playing. If someone gets banned they're going to go and ask an admin for unban, eventually admins won't be around or can't be arsed with 15 people asking them to unban each day, and slowly but surely the pug dies and it's :wave: league. In the interest of keeping the league alive, which is my #1 concern in this post, I'd like to kindly ask that the admins take care of this issue as quickly as possible.

My comments were made about your performance as admin and not directly linked to those rules. I can discuss your incompetence as much as I like thankyou.

Its very nice youre still discussing the caps and bolds kicks but they were removed around 9GMT this morning so I really dont know why you are still complaining :lol:

dont know who turned them on
only Mc and myself have owner to chan
bot gives 3 kicks and then bans, thats default for any AKick on the chan.
Really dont see the need for scripts especially those stupid mp3 ones, personally Ive never liked them
Bold/Caps has mainly been removed due to not being able to copy and paste the pug pass which is both in bold and caps :rofl: otherwise I may have left it on

See my sig :P

Erm, yeh that thingy with bold letter was kinda annoying >_< less i care about spam and caps :P

Status
Not open for further replies.