Overlord map bug

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quasi^

Me.
Oct 26, 2002
Behind a crate
I'm getting really pi**ed off with certain people who use the water map bug - i.e. where you can snipe beach but can't be hit in return.

This is only on pubs of course but can some sort of blocker be added to the map in the next LAS version to stop this please?

yeah it sux, odin use it 100% of the time
but thx to him i know where to aim now and kill him all the time :lol:

aim higher than they are

This is not only Overlord bug. It's a UT water bug existing on every map where you can swim. AS-Bridge for example. I don't think it's fixable.

But in overlord there are hard invisible 'blocks' you can jump over. That's what I'm talking about. Never seen that in bridge. It's like the map maker put blocks in to stop people swimming out but didn't make them block off the water properly.

But surely a sniper who's attacking only gets like 8 ammo? Or do you mean defenders whoswim out there with 50 ammo? In that case it could be a pain.

Yes, ive seen, when defending and your randomly shot as soon as you've entered "left-tower" and are not visible, that usaully where they are camping. Dont understand why, as assault is a mode whats intended to take objectives not camp? If they want to camp they should play deck16][ on TDM/DM..

Tbh why should there be a fix to help defenders even more on a map thats barely assaultable these days?

I always thought the only thing needed to change things on Overlord was add some armor inside the boat and a rocket launcher.

well actually bridge is weird ... sometime i see the ppl deep inside water and they are not there they are @ top :lol:

But surely a sniper who's attacking only gets like 8 ammo? Or do you mean defenders whoswim out there with 50 ammo? In that case it could be a pain.

I watched someone on dog stds

spawn go in foxholes grab armour and sniper ammo

out of guncavern go behind rocket tower then back hammer off ledge to that spot snipe a few peeps then found himself kicked off server

:mad:

Malice?

;)

Actually it's not that obvious. You may hit texture bug instead of sniper and not harm him at all.