Orange Instagib Assault - Mapcycle Poll #2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which maps would you like to play on Orange Assault Instagib Server?

• GekokujouAL][

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Research

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • SaqqaraSE

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • SnowDunes

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Vampire

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
completely agree with thur there

havent pld research but psy saying final part aint spammy isnt all that convincing to me anymore :P (not after he said same about saqqara final :rolleyes: )

and vampire would be great ias map imo

Well, Saqqara final obj is spammy when ... let's say "not so experienced" attackers provide def with all kind of spammy weapons (i.e. drop Shock or RL's full of ammo) :P

It's the same if you try to attack overlord after boiler room using RL only, dropping RLs with 30+ ammo, then you complain that tunnels are spammy .... They are, but you just make them a lot worse :D

Research final obj is spammy... for StdAS. For insta it could be playable.

Originally posted by Psychotic
Snowdunes - Final version have boots for the low grav part, should make possible a launch to top, or to climb the tower faster. 1 single jump without boosting reaches top.

Well, unless there's going to be 4 pairs of boots, then its still going to be impossible - 1 jumper on attack, and 4 defenders up top firing away at him. I know who my money would be on in that little face off. And that's assuming the placement of the boots doesn't allow the attackers to pinch them easily.

Reseach - yes, humphro's map. Final part wouldn't be spammy on insta. Attack spawn point is not far.

Fair point about attackers spawn point. But I still reckon it would be spammy as all hell, especially depending on the quality of the team you face.

GekokujouAL][ - Take a look at this movie with launches for insta: Geko_iAS-Launches_xvid.zip , posted on this thread.

Just had a peep at that vid. Without wanting to put down you and your mates there Psy, those launches were being done on an undefended map. All of them are way too exposed, and one defender on the top roof bit would make mincemeat of them. Frankly, anyone who let one of those launches get through would deserve to lose the map. :D

Snowdunes: There is only 1 pair of boots. They are on the small waterfall, v close to attack spawn room. No way def could hold them. They respawn every 27 secs you know.
1 single jump without boosting reaches top (almost, need 1 inch more hehe, walk a bit on the first ramp then jump).

Research: Never played the map online on insta.... but I think It wouldn't be spammy at all.

Geko: in general, no launch is perfect/totally covered/easy to perform/extremely advantageus at the time. They are just doable.
There are 2 slopes and 1 single launcher is enough to get over the wall, and can (should) be done on the run, so... after opening the main doors the map is playable for insta IMHO.
Remember opening the main doors disables the lookout telep.

common ppl vote for vampire it is truely a classic map for insta, open spaces, hiddern routes, spring boards and a map flow thats almost second too none in insta

- Hmm well I admit Geko is not the best map for insta, not even close. Launches are there, it's a possibility for league games but let's get real, on publics ppl won't launch and the map will be most likely a full def + a pisstake all the times.
- Saqqara, that waterfall telep... same thing. Could give it a try though.
- Research is still in development and maybe not worth to upload every new beta. Would kill the server. Could give it a try as well...
- Snowdunes has proven not to be the best map for insta either. Althought the final version has some changes to make it 'playable' on this mod, still it's designed for Std launches mostly. Final version will be tested tonight/tomorrow, so maybe a bit early to add it to any maplist.

I added these customs to the voting cause I thought it was fair to give them a chance, but looking at the results, I'm considering to add winners of Poll #1 + Vampire as only custom, regardless of Poll #2 results.

Why?

- I believe many ppl is voting based on StdAS experience in maps.... and I include myself here. I don't play iAS.
- Most devoted insta players agree it's a great map for iAS.
- It's already played on Server #6 (insta only) when public.
- Many ppl don't know it therefor didn't vote for it. Adding it to a public server rotation will 'force' you to download and play it in some way :D This would be productive because the map....
--> Could be a nice addition to the league but actually it plays really bad with Std weapons. It doesn't need any structural changes but just a complete item/weapon relocation. Easy work.
I'm trying to contact the author to make it.

Opinions?

p.s: Plz keep voting on both polls anyway.

yeah would like to see vampire on a public server, map really fits well for insta (think its a good std too) :)

I wont say anything new but i think that u are doing well psy.Most of ppl that have voted here dont know vampire.Dave forced me to down it and i pld a lot of times in digi against him and other auters and as someone has said here its a great map for ias cos its a map with open spaces so there are less possiblities to spam like a bitch, yes there arent pos to launch but in pubs is better that a pure launch map.

The only map I've not played enough is Vampire, so I can't comment on the rest.

All the others in this poll would suck bigtime in insta, and I'm basing this on having played all those maps a fair few times on insta, and just general knowledge of how insta matches differ to std ones.

Having said that, I was pretty chuffed while playing Saqqara last night - I see someone other than me noticed the "hidden" underwater tunnel and used it successfully :)

I'm trying to contact the author to make it.

psy its a doc edo map, he has already stated that if told what changes the league wants he will make em, he has posted on here a few times and normaly replys to a pm message quite fast.

on the geko issuse, one way to enable launchs for attack more would be move the spwans futher from teleports ie make the player spawn floor above or below, though maybe this would be unplayable for std then :/

Yup m8 I know who is him and I know he will make the changes himself. It's not the first time we talk on forums about modifying Vampire for League :)

Sooorry, I didn't forget about Vampire. But I ain't got FTP to Orange. Only Scrote can upload maps and he has been busy lately.

.... Map is installed and running on the rotation now :)