OpenGL problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Largo

]>BO<[
Aug 19, 2003
I was using the 2.3 openGL renderer before, no probs, but had to reinstall windows and most other stuff yesterday - too much (non-uninstallable) junk installed.

Now I can't get the driver to work at all. D3D works, so do all the others that are standard with UT-436, but as soon as I drop in the 2.3 GL-dll, it just falls back to software rendering when I pick opengl, albeit in the resolution I specified for opengl.
I have tried with my previous ini file (backed up), fresh ini, deleting ini + some bloody cursing.
Drivers: catalyst 3.4 + dx8.1, os=windows 98
Hardware: radeon 9100
I get this errormessage, which I have not seen until I encountered this problem. It is the same in the normal log, I just did a 'testrendev' to see if it told me more.
I cut it down a bit.
Code:
Init: Command line: testrendev=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice log=detected2.log
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Detecting OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
Warning: Failed to load 'OpenGLDrv': Can't find file for package 'OpenGLDrv'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice': Can't find file for package 'OpenGLDrv'
Warning: Can't find file for package 'OpenGLDrv'
Warning: Can't find file for package 'OpenGLDrv'
Exit: Preparing to exit.
Sure it sounds like it isn't where it should be or has wrong name. It is however, as far as I can tell - it's the 2.3 gl driver from the 'mindsprings' page, proper name and place. The machine does not otherwise exhibit abnormal behaviour as compared to before.
I've run dxdiag tests, pcilist, + madonion 2001se and the card seem to perform like it should, so I'm confident that it is not a hardware problem.

Help! help! We have a match on tuesday and I really really don't want to use D3D for that.

Last edited:
Largo said:
... 2.3 GL-dll ... Drivers: catalyst 3.4 + dx8.1, os=windows 98

well, maybe you should just start with some up to date software ...

catalyst 3.8, directx 9.0b and the enhanced OpenGL renderer v2.4

yep install xp/2k install latest catalyst drivers try 2.4 driver but DEFIANTLY upgrade to 2k/xp and defiantly update catalyst drivers.

yeh if 2k is anything like xp then you need to update drivers. default driver doesn't come with opengl in xp

yeah whatever, u all going to pay for a new windows copy?
I upgraded to that 3.6 detonator, with which, i repeat, it worked before. None of the replies so far have even tried to address the problem in the proper context, but do keep trying the "upgrade to latest version of xyz"... eventually it might happen :trout:

Largo said:
I upgraded to that 3.6 detonator, with which, i repeat, it worked before.

3.6 detonator was never mentioned before :cough:

Largo said:
None of the replies so far have even tried to address the problem in the proper context, but do keep trying the "upgrade to latest version of xyz"... eventually it might happen :trout:

well, you wanted our help and now you start bitching. :nono:

i have reinstalled os and ut a few days ago, and i cant get open gl to work
it gets to some software mode, and i get around 30 fps
i got win2k, latest nvidia drivers i think, and dx 9b and opengl 2.4
havent tryed solve it yet by my self but i have installed the cd2 textures and thought it maybe was because of that or something havent had this prob before but cant remember the error msg at startup

specs on left

i use win2k and i never installed any opengl drivers!
But i allways use opengl and it runs perfect....
maybe try installing the detonator drivers from nvidia.
(only if you have a GeForce Family Graficcard
www.nvidia.com

Well this is the problem obviously:
Warning: Failed to load 'OpenGLDrv': Can't find file for package 'OpenGLDrv'

Be sure youve not only updated your unrealtournament.ini but also copied the OpenGlDrv.dll in. If you have not or have the old one still in there its not gonna work. oh yeah and stick to that v2.4