One Last Chance!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re open the 2v2 league, I will play/not play

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twnZ

Oct 12, 2004
UK
Hello

After speaking with MyM, I decided to make one last thread in order to yet again see what people’s views are.
This will be the last time it will be posted. If it turns out not to be successful then at least I’ve tried.

With the year almost at an end, I can’t be certain how many people are going to leave and how many are planning to stay (hopefully all!)

I’m planning to start some tournaments soon when I come back so that people can stay longer and perhaps enjoy new leagues/tournaments with a good start in 2008.

However all this depends entirely on how many people will be interested and therefore I’ll need feedback
The two I have currently in mind is:

1# a Rocket Arena Tournament 1v1/2v2
2# a 2v2 Assault League

The 2v2 Assault league, personally I think it will go well. I put up a poll almost a year ago to see how many people were interested and the number of people who were was a lot, however we didn’t progress any further with it.

What we need in order for the 2v2 Assault league Ladder to reopen are 3 things.
1. Admins
2. Enough players wanting to play
3. Servers to play on

MyM can provide us with one server from utassault which games must be played before 19:00 (Because of league Assault matches)
Any other servers that clans have and wouldn’t mind using it for the 2v2 matches would be great. I think MoD server could be available. I can also maybe get a server within 1 month when I return.

Problem with the previous 2v2 ladders was that people wouldn’t play their matches and that they would get bored after a month or two when they couldn’t beat a team, and generally just lose interest.

This time we can make the Scheduling optional or perhaps just one game a month to be played and the other 3 games optional. This way teams can play when they want to without getting removed or losing points and getting bored.

I myself would be up to it.
Any flame/insults in this thread will be deleted by MyM. This is a serious thread and if it doesn’t go well then the chances of a 2v2 league ever happening is 0.

If interested in being an admin, providing us with a server or playing in the 2v2 league then please vote and put your name down. Feel free to comment on Ideas :)
At the end, MyM will open the 2v2 league again if all goes well ;)

Imo, so matches dont get forfeit or their isnt too much reliance upon certain people to always be available; it should be 3 people to each team. Then 2 of the 3 can be selected.

I wouldn't mind some RA tournaments and as I have said before it would be nice to have another DM Tournee 1v1 like in 2005.

I'd be interested, but the whole concept of a 2v2 league is complete bullshit in the end because two players from -8- or Wish/m1c or Twnz/Riv petez/uZi (etc) will make a team and will be completely pointless for lesser-skilled players especially when they have to play vs. higher skilled teams. If you make a high-competitive and low-competitive division that'd be cool though :P

Although I like 2v2, I voted no coz they have never lasted long even though posts like yours say they will "this time around", and really I cba to play much competitive matches :P pug and a few matches a month is enough for me these days.

Well, put me on team Twnz + Wish, I'll be waterboy and we win!

I dunno, I think if you had teams of 3 (providing enough players) in 2v2 it'd hopefully provide more activity > more chances to find dates ppl can play.

WELL SPOKEN SEAS!!

I am defnietly interessted in this, I love 2v2s! Also, if needed, I can take on the roll as admin to get it going.

So far we have 2 admins who are willing

20 players interested (so far, many more to read)

edit: For useless and DB.

Still need around 40 players to vote yes.

Poll closes in 5 days and I'm sure when the more active players read, the numbers will increase
and servers? at least 2 avail

Keep it up ;) :thumb:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be willing to be an admin too. Dunno how active I'll be playing-wise come September, but can definitely be active on forums/IRC and IMO have pretty decent experience with setting up servers/organising some stuff (no matter what uZi says!!1! :p:)

Vote then Sq, the decision will be made from the results of the vote... the more that vote the more persuasive the idea becomes to admins.

Also what might be an idea is:

If a player goes inactive or doesn't want to partake any longer then the team should sacrifice points for a replacement. This could be done instead of the 3 people per team and saves the current team from dropping out of the league altogether.

I am not offering to be an admin to this as my time in the league is running out and as we move closer to september I will becoming less active. I have drawn together, imo, what makes a good draft of instructions of what the league can be run like...

Ladders:
- Ladder 1, 9 teams.
- Ladder 2, Can be unlimited or 9 teams, and a 3rd ladder added if enough teams are signed.

Signing Up:
- Teams get the choice to enter Ladder 1 and Ladder 2 on a first come first served basis. This will eliminate the chance of a lesser team playing a higher class team who may have more experience in 2v2s.

Matches:
- 2 or 4 Matches per month for all
- Nonogon (just like the league system) will be utilised.
- At end of each month. Top 2 teams in Ladder 2 have the option to play the bottom 2 teams in Ladder 1. Playoff.

Maps:
- Normal league maps + Dungeons if added
- Best of 5 Maps. First to 3.

- So far 3 servers are available:
* League server(s) provided by MyM, which is to be played on before 19gmt to avoid match clashing. (Not sure which)
* MoD Server, provided by Zyx, which requires proper set up. - Based in NL (Snakeservers)
* CoH Server, provided by Squirrel - Based in NL.
* uP Server, provided by Bergkamp/Thera - Based in UK.
* EaS Server, provided by Biebel - Based in Germany.

- Importantly, there could be the option (which could be polled later):
* 3 players to each team, any combination of the 3 can be used, which ultimately hinders chances of forfeit. OR
* 2 player team, which enhances the amount of teams available. Only problem being unavailability.

- A points system is possible...
* Normal league points system (i.e starting 1000, 5% of win 10% of win. w/e)
* Deducted 50 points for use of a merc. If the other team agrees of course. Or the other team can only lose so much points. A merc massively affects the game in 2v2.
* Deducted 200 or 300 or any amount determined by admin team if a team loses a player to inactivity/falling out and has him replaced.
- Basically a transfer fee if you will :)

Any queries visit #2v2as on irc.utassault.net
Or PM myself, any of the admins or twnZ for more info.

Any problems feel free to reply, or make yourself heard. Please dont just vote no without giving it any thought or without having a reason.

Last chance for the league I believe people. Let it go out with a bang and put some effort into a quality 2v2 Ladder.

Last edited: