once and for all, hammers

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
fs, can anyone tell me why two guys with ping 100 and ping 150 can't get each other on the bridge with double hammer, but always tend to fall inches short?

what is the proper way to set up a launch, i've been learned:
alt-fire in the direction u want him to go, draw the hammer in the same spot and stand ready, allthough i've seen peeps do it differently and some peeps seem to get me higher in some way...

what is the proper way to get launched? i just hammer just in front of the guy, catch his hammer and fly up.. is there a different technique for double hammers?

anyone, what is the best way to hammer a person? what are we doin wrong? or is it just ping?

please, with so many ways to launch a guy, is there a "best" one, or are there different ways which in the end do all the same?

enlighten me, o great UT gods

fs

thnx for ur reply mogul, if u can't say nothing normal, perhaps u should just FUCK OFF and keep out of the tips and trics forums (u can file the "maybe ur just

the other 2 replies aren't the clearest explanation of a hammer i've ever seen, anyone care to give me a little more information about how hammerlaunchin works? where the basics i did okay?

i'll try the side hammer though, thnx (but on jolt others don't seem to need to stand sideways, they can do it)

stand close to the under side of the bridge look straight up then alt hammer, while still looking straight up primary charge your hammer and hold it charged, then look at a 60o up angle and let the person who is going to hammer off you line right up with you ,
stand directly infront of each other and the hmmer'er moves right up to you slowly so eventually he is standing right infront of you looking downwards, he then charges his hammer for a hammer jump and then does a hammer jump, as he goes he will activate your hammer and you will hammer him to the bridge
this will take a bit of practice, once you have this sorted then move onto doing it running or from the side, crouching what ever you feel suites you best. also the timeing needs to be right
i guess the person hammer jumping is jumping to soon which is why he isnt reaching the bridge , he needs to release later to compensate for the 56k lag.

i havent looked but im guessing there are a number of demos available on www.neorox.co.uk and www.utgods.com/ there both on the utassault main page , if there arnt any demos of it icq me and ill do you one or if im not busy ill set a server up and show you.
hope it helps
and if you carnt do it after that then you are just crap!!! ;)

Last edited:
thnx

okay, so we did the basics right.. we made it a couple of times, but not even 50%.. think it needs some more practice then.. think the timin of the jump is the tricky part..(thought that allready)

i was just makin sure we weren't overlookin anything, thnx for ur help (better then moguls anyways)

the person setting up the launch has to hold his hammer up so high, if the other person can run into this hammer and set it off without jumping then you holding it too low, also if the person jumps too early it anit gonna work either. Like Opti says you can stand next to the person and just do a hammer jump that will send you into the path of other players hammer and whisk you up and onto bridge only reason you see ppl running it is snipers.

I dunno if the way I used to do it was fool proof but it's always served me well. Ganja showed me when I first started playing and I havent changed the way I've done it since.

For a standard hammer launch, the launcher fires a secondary directly upwards, then charges a primary holding it approximately 3/4 of the way up.

/\ - setting angle (straight up)
|
|---------------// - charging angle 45 degrees
|-----------//
|-------//
|---//
|//
\/ - jumping angle 180 degrees (straight down)

Other thing to ensure is that the person being launched doesnt release his hammer to early so that he misses the launcher, but that he also does a decent hammer jump himself; ensure ur holding the hammer directly down, and dont release the charge and jump before ur close enough to the launcher.

Last edited:
56K godlike...

Must admit, I've never had a problem either as launcher, or launchee, where the other person knows what to do.

My way (on bridge) is:

1) Fire twice with secondary hammer looking to the sky on the far left of the bridge.
2) Draw the primary, hold, turn, and aim up at about 45%. (This is all you need, although you can do more).
3) Hug the wall looking back to the spawn cave, and looking parallel with it.
4) [very important this] Position myself so that the launchee doesn't get launched up into one of the bridge struts, and fall back down again :D (Look before they leap ;) )
5) Hope the person I'm about to launch knows their stuff.

When I am being launched, I simply use my hammer launch bind to charge up, then run at the launcher and look straight down at the last moment. As I start to go up, I release my hammer, and then away I fly. :D

The commonest mistake i see being made is the launch guy releasing his hammer. He doesn't need to. When the launchee hits it, it discharges, and (if all is done properly) gives the launchee wings, just like red bull :D

Last edited:
Falling short

The jumper release his hammer to early, try and hold the hammer a little longer. If he ends up with 100 life then he released to late.

Also use a hammer bind when jumping on other hammers for max height. (as with ordinary jumps).

If the jumper want absolete height, do not aim max down, but max down minus a few degress like 5.