Nintendo DS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
I've going to the USA in ~3weeks.. and for some reason im thinking of buying the DS.

First of all, is it any good?
Secondly, would it pay off buying it in USA? (I live in NL, is it cheaper to buy it there? Since the Euro pwnz all?)

Cheers for any input.

ps. im drunk

buy it from US much cheaper, going to be 150 euro and its 150 dollars over there or summin.

if u wanna compare from xe.com.

150.00 EUR = 103.313 GBP
150.00 USD = 78.1694 GBP

and yes its v good, only got mario DS atm, ordered 3 more games from canada @ £13-17!

another option cud be to buy a PSP, technically its better but the games will probably cost alot more in the long run.

Last edited:
I have a DS and I'm very happy with it :D
But I'm still waiting for some new, cool games to come out. Zelda and hopefully (pleaase) a Rogue Squadron title :p:

Sony-PSP.jpg

I have played a PSP a few times at a shop next door to where I work (they got it from Japan like on the day of release :o) I have to say - the graphics are amazing - just like a PS2. It feels a bit weird controlling it but you could get used to it. The only thing they moan about is battery life, but I ain't got one so dunno really. Bit like an ipod in a way I guess, turbo cool with great features, but shitty batterylife :P It kicks the DS imo

Tho it doesn't look like that pic sneez posted, it has a D Pad (as far as i can remember anyway) like this http://image.lik-sang.com/content/pspnews/psp.jpg

Last edited:
have fun in america lex

oh and btw nintendo is for the kiddies:D

/me runs :cftchase:

DS roxor, PSP SUXOR! nothing but graphics, nothing new, just port some ps2 games and wopah

Lex_Mortis said:
Uhm, just curious if anyone perhaps knows.
But in the USA theyuse different poweroutlets and voltage... will the recharger be of any use here??
I imported mine and the European rechargers work on it, too.
The entire thing is universal and I use a GB SP's recharger to charge my DS =)

Menace said:
I imported mine and the European rechargers work on it, too.
The entire thing is universal and I use a GB SP's recharger to charge my DS =)
But I dont have any other gameboy or whatever, so I would need to buy a European recharger?

wat me and xb did was get a USB thingy :P which u can connect to the DS and the PC to charge the battery, it cost £5

Lex_Mortis said:
But I dont have any other gameboy or whatever, so I would need to buy a European recharger?
Yea, it costs like €12 anyway...
The American ones are weird, as in there's no way it'd fit in any EU power socket

I dont know how nice Nintendo is when it comes to repairing/replacing stuff, but how much shit would it be if I would send a broken/damaged DS to Nintendo NL instead US?
Of course im talking about warrenty stuff, not sending it in after that expired.

Just ordered my PSP with ridge racer from Lik-sang.com

cant wait till i have it fs :\