New UT99 Assault map BETA -- testing needed :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Firstly; the last three objectives don't seem to work; the fortstandards probably need tweaking/repositioning.[/QUOTE]
It was actually the Comm Interlocks & Final that weren't working very well... Played it online though, and they work fine (ish).

Grrr...

Why are Assault maps not allowed to have Redeemers, Amps, and Invisibility?! :angry:

Worked for AS-LaserV3...

If the level is big enough to support 'em, keep 'em!

AtmaDragon said:
Why are Assault maps not allowed to have Redeemers, Amps, and Invisibility?! :angry:
(...)

I agree with deemer/amp.... but invisibility? :nono:

AtmaDragon said:
Grrr...

Worked for AS-LaserV3...

Well I generally think the decision is based on the size/layout of the map. For a map this size, I actually don't see any problem having the deemers - maybe it needs to be made a little trickier to get hold of em... We don't want any Funnel Assault maps :P

Final objective area needs rezoning, possibly rebuilding. If you have used brush scaling in this area i suggest you rebuild it from scratch; as it has weird effects on the weapons during online play (try primary shocking the final!).

AnTi said:
As for map, dont say its too big :) golgo is a big map as well, would be nice to have multiplayer beta of that map.
Lets put this in perspective.

GolgothaAL has on average, 165 data channels in use at any one time (without extra players!). This means that there are (on average) up to 165 different items that could be kept in-check by the client<->server.

RocketCommandSE has on average 380 channels. This explains why; in a 4v4-6v6 environment pings are slightly higher on this map than most others.

OrionsCursePart1 has, on average, up to 680 channels in use at any one time. This peaks over 710 in some parts of the map.

Imagine what that would feel like in a 6v6 game :eek:

Last edited:
AtmaDragon said:
Grrr...

Worked for AS-LaserV3...

:rolleyes: and thats one of the idea's why its not in the league deemer, amp, invis -> smb

It's not in the League cuz no one would want to play a single map that has the potential to take nearly an hour to play.

Amazing, someone else in UTA that at least thinks Damage Amplifiers and Redeemers have their place in AS. :wow: